Alumni receive awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Retired businessman Spencer Adams and budding entrepreneur Jared Loftus were recently honored as 2012 Alumni of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business. Adams, former president and CEO of Pickett & Adams Insurance, received the Boardman Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award. Loftus, president and CEO of online apparel store College District, was presented the Outstanding Young Alumnus of the Year Award.
Adams (class of 1966) is no stranger to the Southern Miss family having served on numerous search committees for head coaches, athletics directors, deans and presidents. He is also a founding member of the Business Advisory Council, which serves the College of Business.
Loftus (class of 2004) began his football T-shirt business in Baton Rouge, La., shortly after earning his degree at Southern Miss. That fledgling operation has grown into a successful online company that features a wide variety of custom college apparel. He was named to the Baton Rouge Top 40 Under 40 in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments