Alumni receive awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Retired businessman Spencer Adams and budding entrepreneur Jared Loftus were recently honored as 2012 Alumni of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business. Adams, former president and CEO of Pickett & Adams Insurance, received the Boardman Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award. Loftus, president and CEO of online apparel store College District, was presented the Outstanding Young Alumnus of the Year Award.
Adams (class of 1966) is no stranger to the Southern Miss family having served on numerous search committees for head coaches, athletics directors, deans and presidents. He is also a founding member of the Business Advisory Council, which serves the College of Business.
Loftus (class of 2004) began his football T-shirt business in Baton Rouge, La., shortly after earning his degree at Southern Miss. That fledgling operation has grown into a successful online company that features a wide variety of custom college apparel. He was named to the Baton Rouge Top 40 Under 40 in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports