Alumni receive awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Retired businessman Spencer Adams and budding entrepreneur Jared Loftus were recently honored as 2012 Alumni of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business. Adams, former president and CEO of Pickett & Adams Insurance, received the Boardman Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award. Loftus, president and CEO of online apparel store College District, was presented the Outstanding Young Alumnus of the Year Award.
Adams (class of 1966) is no stranger to the Southern Miss family having served on numerous search committees for head coaches, athletics directors, deans and presidents. He is also a founding member of the Business Advisory Council, which serves the College of Business.
Loftus (class of 2004) began his football T-shirt business in Baton Rouge, La., shortly after earning his degree at Southern Miss. That fledgling operation has grown into a successful online company that features a wide variety of custom college apparel. He was named to the Baton Rouge Top 40 Under 40 in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project