Alumni receive awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Retired businessman Spencer Adams and budding entrepreneur Jared Loftus were recently honored as 2012 Alumni of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business. Adams, former president and CEO of Pickett & Adams Insurance, received the Boardman Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award. Loftus, president and CEO of online apparel store College District, was presented the Outstanding Young Alumnus of the Year Award.
Adams (class of 1966) is no stranger to the Southern Miss family having served on numerous search committees for head coaches, athletics directors, deans and presidents. He is also a founding member of the Business Advisory Council, which serves the College of Business.
Loftus (class of 2004) began his football T-shirt business in Baton Rouge, La., shortly after earning his degree at Southern Miss. That fledgling operation has grown into a successful online company that features a wide variety of custom college apparel. He was named to the Baton Rouge Top 40 Under 40 in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections