Alumni receive awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Retired businessman Spencer Adams and budding entrepreneur Jared Loftus were recently honored as 2012 Alumni of the Year by the University of Southern Mississippi’s College of Business. Adams, former president and CEO of Pickett & Adams Insurance, received the Boardman Distinguished Alumnus of the Year Award. Loftus, president and CEO of online apparel store College District, was presented the Outstanding Young Alumnus of the Year Award.
Adams (class of 1966) is no stranger to the Southern Miss family having served on numerous search committees for head coaches, athletics directors, deans and presidents. He is also a founding member of the Business Advisory Council, which serves the College of Business.
Loftus (class of 2004) began his football T-shirt business in Baton Rouge, La., shortly after earning his degree at Southern Miss. That fledgling operation has grown into a successful online company that features a wide variety of custom college apparel. He was named to the Baton Rouge Top 40 Under 40 in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics