BKD adds accountants
BKD, LLP has added Calvin Thigpen Jr. and Chandler Croom as staff accountants in the accounting firm’s Jackson office. Thigpen joins BKD in the audit department with more than 16 years of experience in the banking industry. Before joining BKD, he served as a branch manager for Trustmark National Bank in Jackson. Thigpen is a recent graduate of Mississippi College where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting in May 2012. In 1996, he earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Mississippi Valley State University. Additionally, he is a 2004 graduate from the University of Mississippi’s School of Banking and a 2010 graduate from Louisiana State University’s School of Banking.
Croom is a graduate from the University of Mississippi where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accountancy in 2011 and a master of accountancy in 2012, and begins his career in the audit department. Croom interned at BKD in the spring of 2011 in the Jackson office’s audit department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- City, state to hold second sale of tax-forfeited property