BKD adds accountants
BKD, LLP has added Calvin Thigpen Jr. and Chandler Croom as staff accountants in the accounting firm’s Jackson office. Thigpen joins BKD in the audit department with more than 16 years of experience in the banking industry. Before joining BKD, he served as a branch manager for Trustmark National Bank in Jackson. Thigpen is a recent graduate of Mississippi College where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting in May 2012. In 1996, he earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Mississippi Valley State University. Additionally, he is a 2004 graduate from the University of Mississippi’s School of Banking and a 2010 graduate from Louisiana State University’s School of Banking.
Croom is a graduate from the University of Mississippi where he earned a bachelor’s degree in accountancy in 2011 and a master of accountancy in 2012, and begins his career in the audit department. Croom interned at BKD in the spring of 2011 in the Jackson office’s audit department.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending