Bryant chooses Pickett
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Gov. Phil Bryant has named Steven Pickett of Raymond to the Mississippi Parole Board. Pickett replaces Danny Guice Jr. of Ocean Springs, who resigned effective Nov. 9. Pickett is currently serving as youth court resource officer in Hinds County. He has also served as deputy chancery clerk and justice court judge in Hinds County. He worked for the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department from 1996-2007 and 2008-2012.
Pickett’s appointment will require Mississippi Senate confirmation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals