Bryant chooses Pickett
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Gov. Phil Bryant has named Steven Pickett of Raymond to the Mississippi Parole Board. Pickett replaces Danny Guice Jr. of Ocean Springs, who resigned effective Nov. 9. Pickett is currently serving as youth court resource officer in Hinds County. He has also served as deputy chancery clerk and justice court judge in Hinds County. He worked for the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department from 1996-2007 and 2008-2012.
Pickett’s appointment will require Mississippi Senate confirmation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015