Bryant chooses Pickett
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Gov. Phil Bryant has named Steven Pickett of Raymond to the Mississippi Parole Board. Pickett replaces Danny Guice Jr. of Ocean Springs, who resigned effective Nov. 9. Pickett is currently serving as youth court resource officer in Hinds County. He has also served as deputy chancery clerk and justice court judge in Hinds County. He worked for the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department from 1996-2007 and 2008-2012.
Pickett’s appointment will require Mississippi Senate confirmation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast