Bryant chooses Pickett
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Gov. Phil Bryant has named Steven Pickett of Raymond to the Mississippi Parole Board. Pickett replaces Danny Guice Jr. of Ocean Springs, who resigned effective Nov. 9. Pickett is currently serving as youth court resource officer in Hinds County. He has also served as deputy chancery clerk and justice court judge in Hinds County. He worked for the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department from 1996-2007 and 2008-2012.
Pickett’s appointment will require Mississippi Senate confirmation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager