Bryant chooses Pickett
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Gov. Phil Bryant has named Steven Pickett of Raymond to the Mississippi Parole Board. Pickett replaces Danny Guice Jr. of Ocean Springs, who resigned effective Nov. 9. Pickett is currently serving as youth court resource officer in Hinds County. He has also served as deputy chancery clerk and justice court judge in Hinds County. He worked for the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department from 1996-2007 and 2008-2012.
Pickett’s appointment will require Mississippi Senate confirmation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015