Payne serves as consultant
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 16,2012
Dr. Thomas Payne, associate professor in the School of Criminal Justice at the University of Southern Mississippi, has consulted with the Houston (Texas) Police Department on groundbreaking research into the best methods for conducting eyewitness lineups.
Payne, a former U.S. attorney, spent the better part of the previous year working with Sgt. Stephen Morrison to design a survey instrument that would facilitate the collection of facts and demographics related to the types of lineups used by police detectives.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma