Business settles with government, to pay workers back wages
by Associated Press
Published: November 18,2012
GULFPORT — Mandal’s Inc. has agreed with the U.S. Department of Labor to pay 94 employees $85,106 in back wages.
The Labor Department said in a news release that its Wage and Hour Division found the company had paid the employees “straight time” for hours worked beyond 40 in a work week. The government says the company also failed to keep accurate records of hours worked and wages paid.
Mandal’s is a roofing and sheet metal company that builds and services roofs and other structures.
In addition to paying the back wages owed, the company agreed to keep accurate records of hours worked and provide proper overtime compensation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge