Egg company closes on Maxim acquisition in Texas
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has closed on the previously announced acquisition of the commercial egg production and related assets of Maxim Production Co. Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets purchased by Cal-Maine include a feed mill and two production complexes with capacity for approximately 3.5 million laying hens with related pullet capacity, all located near Boling, Texas. In addition, the acquisition includes contract capacity for approximately 500,000 laying hens near Gonzalez, Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term