Egg company closes on Maxim acquisition in Texas
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has closed on the previously announced acquisition of the commercial egg production and related assets of Maxim Production Co. Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets purchased by Cal-Maine include a feed mill and two production complexes with capacity for approximately 3.5 million laying hens with related pullet capacity, all located near Boling, Texas. In addition, the acquisition includes contract capacity for approximately 500,000 laying hens near Gonzalez, Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions