Egg company closes on Maxim acquisition in Texas
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 19,2012
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. has closed on the previously announced acquisition of the commercial egg production and related assets of Maxim Production Co. Inc.
Terms were not disclosed.
The assets purchased by Cal-Maine include a feed mill and two production complexes with capacity for approximately 3.5 million laying hens with related pullet capacity, all located near Boling, Texas. In addition, the acquisition includes contract capacity for approximately 500,000 laying hens near Gonzalez, Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete