Ex-USM president moving on to West Florida as provost
by Associated Press
Published: November 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Former University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders has been hired for a provost position at the University of West Florida.
The Hattiesburg American reports Saunders is the new provost and vice president of academic affairs of the University of West Florida.
UWF is in Pensacola, Fla., and has about 13,000 students.
It’s the school where Saunders received her start as an administrator. She previously served as dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at UWF.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican