Ex-USM president moving on to West Florida as provost
Published: November 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Former University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders has been hired for a provost position at the University of West Florida.
The Hattiesburg American reports Saunders is the new provost and vice president of academic affairs of the University of West Florida.
UWF is in Pensacola, Fla., and has about 13,000 students.
It’s the school where Saunders received her start as an administrator. She previously served as dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at UWF.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind