Ex-USM president moving on to West Florida as provost
by Associated Press
Published: November 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Former University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders has been hired for a provost position at the University of West Florida.
The Hattiesburg American reports Saunders is the new provost and vice president of academic affairs of the University of West Florida.
UWF is in Pensacola, Fla., and has about 13,000 students.
It’s the school where Saunders received her start as an administrator. She previously served as dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at UWF.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- John Fletcher joins Jones Walker