Ex-USM president moving on to West Florida as provost
Published: November 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Former University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders has been hired for a provost position at the University of West Florida.
The Hattiesburg American reports Saunders is the new provost and vice president of academic affairs of the University of West Florida.
UWF is in Pensacola, Fla., and has about 13,000 students.
It’s the school where Saunders received her start as an administrator. She previously served as dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at UWF.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)