Ex-USM president moving on to West Florida as provost
Published: November 19,2012
HATTIESBURG — Former University of Southern Mississippi president Martha Saunders has been hired for a provost position at the University of West Florida.
The Hattiesburg American reports Saunders is the new provost and vice president of academic affairs of the University of West Florida.
UWF is in Pensacola, Fla., and has about 13,000 students.
It’s the school where Saunders received her start as an administrator. She previously served as dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at UWF.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19