City looking for parking space to meet casino lease
Published: November 26,2012
NATCHEZ — The city of Natchez is eyeing the gravel lot next to the Margaret Martin Performing Arts Center for parking it must provide to Magnolia Bluffs Casino in accordance with the lease between the casino and the city.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the parking lot is currently the most logical option for the 100 parking spaces the city is required to provide the casino per the lease. Brown said the lot would be used for casino employee parking.
But Festival of Music Board Chairwoman Mary Lessley said allowing casino employees to park in the lot would cause problems with parking for the festival and other events.
Brown said using the lot for casino employee parking is not set in stone yet. He said the city has other options.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts