City looking for parking space to meet casino lease
Published: November 26,2012
NATCHEZ — The city of Natchez is eyeing the gravel lot next to the Margaret Martin Performing Arts Center for parking it must provide to Magnolia Bluffs Casino in accordance with the lease between the casino and the city.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the parking lot is currently the most logical option for the 100 parking spaces the city is required to provide the casino per the lease. Brown said the lot would be used for casino employee parking.
But Festival of Music Board Chairwoman Mary Lessley said allowing casino employees to park in the lot would cause problems with parking for the festival and other events.
Brown said using the lot for casino employee parking is not set in stone yet. He said the city has other options.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center