City looking for parking space to meet casino lease
Published: November 26,2012
NATCHEZ — The city of Natchez is eyeing the gravel lot next to the Margaret Martin Performing Arts Center for parking it must provide to Magnolia Bluffs Casino in accordance with the lease between the casino and the city.
Mayor Butch Brown tells The Natchez Democrat the parking lot is currently the most logical option for the 100 parking spaces the city is required to provide the casino per the lease. Brown said the lot would be used for casino employee parking.
But Festival of Music Board Chairwoman Mary Lessley said allowing casino employees to park in the lot would cause problems with parking for the festival and other events.
Brown said using the lot for casino employee parking is not set in stone yet. He said the city has other options.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet