James Rollins new CEO at BancorpSouth
Published: November 26,2012
TUPELO — James D. Rollins III has been named chief executive officer of BancorpSouth Inc., a financial holding company headquartered in Tupelo.
Rollins will succeed Aubrey B. Patterson, BancorpSouth’s current CEO, on Tuesday.
The 53-year-old Rollins has served as president and chief operating officer at Prosperity Bancshares, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, since April 2006. Rollins served as senior vice president of Prosperity Bancshares from 2001 until 2006, and became president Prosperity Bank in 2005
BancorpSouth Inc. has $13.2 billion in assets. BancorpSouth Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth Inc., operates 293 commercial banking, mortgage, insurance, trust and broker/dealer locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas, including an insurance location in Illinois.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports