James Rollins new CEO at BancorpSouth
Published: November 26,2012
TUPELO — James D. Rollins III has been named chief executive officer of BancorpSouth Inc., a financial holding company headquartered in Tupelo.
Rollins will succeed Aubrey B. Patterson, BancorpSouth’s current CEO, on Tuesday.
The 53-year-old Rollins has served as president and chief operating officer at Prosperity Bancshares, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, since April 2006. Rollins served as senior vice president of Prosperity Bancshares from 2001 until 2006, and became president Prosperity Bank in 2005
BancorpSouth Inc. has $13.2 billion in assets. BancorpSouth Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth Inc., operates 293 commercial banking, mortgage, insurance, trust and broker/dealer locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas, including an insurance location in Illinois.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County