James Rollins new CEO at BancorpSouth
Published: November 26,2012
TUPELO — James D. Rollins III has been named chief executive officer of BancorpSouth Inc., a financial holding company headquartered in Tupelo.
Rollins will succeed Aubrey B. Patterson, BancorpSouth’s current CEO, on Tuesday.
The 53-year-old Rollins has served as president and chief operating officer at Prosperity Bancshares, Inc., headquartered in Houston, Texas, since April 2006. Rollins served as senior vice president of Prosperity Bancshares from 2001 until 2006, and became president Prosperity Bank in 2005
BancorpSouth Inc. has $13.2 billion in assets. BancorpSouth Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth Inc., operates 293 commercial banking, mortgage, insurance, trust and broker/dealer locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas, including an insurance location in Illinois.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center