Board names acting president at Mississippi Valley State
by Associated Press
Published: November 28,2012
ITTA BENA — The state College Board has named Alfred Rankins Jr. as acting president of Mississippi Valley State University.
He was meeting with students, faculty and staff yesrterday in Itta Bena.
In October, the board declined to retain current president Donna Oliver. Her contract runs through Dec. 31, although she is expected to take leave time before then.
Rankins will lead the 2,500-student university while the board seeks a full-time replacement. Interim leaders are generally not considered for permanent posts.
Rankins will be paid $192,937.50, the same yearly salary as Oliver.
Rankins, a Greenville native, is associate commissioner for academic and student affairs for the College Board. He will retain some associate commissioner duties.
He earned a bachelor’s degree from Alcorn State University and master’s and doctoral degrees from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route