Board names acting president at Mississippi Valley State
Published: November 28,2012
ITTA BENA — The state College Board has named Alfred Rankins Jr. as acting president of Mississippi Valley State University.
He was meeting with students, faculty and staff yesrterday in Itta Bena.
In October, the board declined to retain current president Donna Oliver. Her contract runs through Dec. 31, although she is expected to take leave time before then.
Rankins will lead the 2,500-student university while the board seeks a full-time replacement. Interim leaders are generally not considered for permanent posts.
Rankins will be paid $192,937.50, the same yearly salary as Oliver.
Rankins, a Greenville native, is associate commissioner for academic and student affairs for the College Board. He will retain some associate commissioner duties.
He earned a bachelor’s degree from Alcorn State University and master’s and doctoral degrees from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison