Board names acting president at Mississippi Valley State
Published: November 28,2012
ITTA BENA — The state College Board has named Alfred Rankins Jr. as acting president of Mississippi Valley State University.
He was meeting with students, faculty and staff yesrterday in Itta Bena.
In October, the board declined to retain current president Donna Oliver. Her contract runs through Dec. 31, although she is expected to take leave time before then.
Rankins will lead the 2,500-student university while the board seeks a full-time replacement. Interim leaders are generally not considered for permanent posts.
Rankins will be paid $192,937.50, the same yearly salary as Oliver.
Rankins, a Greenville native, is associate commissioner for academic and student affairs for the College Board. He will retain some associate commissioner duties.
He earned a bachelor’s degree from Alcorn State University and master’s and doctoral degrees from Mississippi State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth