Police looking for robber with big sweet tooth
Published: November 28,2012
WAVELAND — Waveland police are chasing leads to nab a sweet-toothed bandit who stole 340 cases of Little Debbie snack cakes from a storehouse last week.
Police investigator Eddie Peterson tells the Sea Coast Echo 70 cases of the treats have been recovered. He says some cases were found in Seminary, about 70 miles north of Waveland.
Police chief Kenny Hurt says the owner of the storage unit from which the cakes were stolen was a food vendor. The vendor has not been identified.
Hurt says it is unclear if the storage unit was broken into or accidentally left unlocked.
Peterson says investigators believe some people from whom the snack cakes were taken didn’t know where they came from.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson