Police looking for robber with big sweet tooth
Published: November 28,2012
WAVELAND — Waveland police are chasing leads to nab a sweet-toothed bandit who stole 340 cases of Little Debbie snack cakes from a storehouse last week.
Police investigator Eddie Peterson tells the Sea Coast Echo 70 cases of the treats have been recovered. He says some cases were found in Seminary, about 70 miles north of Waveland.
Police chief Kenny Hurt says the owner of the storage unit from which the cakes were stolen was a food vendor. The vendor has not been identified.
Hurt says it is unclear if the storage unit was broken into or accidentally left unlocked.
Peterson says investigators believe some people from whom the snack cakes were taken didn’t know where they came from.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Friday at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015