Police looking for robber with big sweet tooth
Published: November 28,2012
WAVELAND — Waveland police are chasing leads to nab a sweet-toothed bandit who stole 340 cases of Little Debbie snack cakes from a storehouse last week.
Police investigator Eddie Peterson tells the Sea Coast Echo 70 cases of the treats have been recovered. He says some cases were found in Seminary, about 70 miles north of Waveland.
Police chief Kenny Hurt says the owner of the storage unit from which the cakes were stolen was a food vendor. The vendor has not been identified.
Hurt says it is unclear if the storage unit was broken into or accidentally left unlocked.
Peterson says investigators believe some people from whom the snack cakes were taken didn’t know where they came from.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history