Police looking for robber with big sweet tooth
by Associated Press
Published: November 28,2012
WAVELAND — Waveland police are chasing leads to nab a sweet-toothed bandit who stole 340 cases of Little Debbie snack cakes from a storehouse last week.
Police investigator Eddie Peterson tells the Sea Coast Echo 70 cases of the treats have been recovered. He says some cases were found in Seminary, about 70 miles north of Waveland.
Police chief Kenny Hurt says the owner of the storage unit from which the cakes were stolen was a food vendor. The vendor has not been identified.
Hurt says it is unclear if the storage unit was broken into or accidentally left unlocked.
Peterson says investigators believe some people from whom the snack cakes were taken didn’t know where they came from.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- The link between education and economic development
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month