Police looking for robber with big sweet tooth
Published: November 28,2012
WAVELAND — Waveland police are chasing leads to nab a sweet-toothed bandit who stole 340 cases of Little Debbie snack cakes from a storehouse last week.
Police investigator Eddie Peterson tells the Sea Coast Echo 70 cases of the treats have been recovered. He says some cases were found in Seminary, about 70 miles north of Waveland.
Police chief Kenny Hurt says the owner of the storage unit from which the cakes were stolen was a food vendor. The vendor has not been identified.
Hurt says it is unclear if the storage unit was broken into or accidentally left unlocked.
Peterson says investigators believe some people from whom the snack cakes were taken didn’t know where they came from.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders