Casino officials to ask Commission for gaming license
by Associated Press
Published: November 29,2012
NATCHEZ — Magnolia Bluffs Casino representatives will appear before the Mississippi Gaming Commission seeking approval of a gaming license for the casino.
MGC executive director Allen Godfrey tells The Natchez Democrat the commission will also decide whether to approve applications for findings of suitability for stakeholders in the casino.
The suitability investigations are standard procedure and involve exhaustive criminal, financial and business background checks.
The commission meets in Natchez today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line