Casino officials to ask Commission for gaming license
Published: November 29,2012
NATCHEZ — Magnolia Bluffs Casino representatives will appear before the Mississippi Gaming Commission seeking approval of a gaming license for the casino.
MGC executive director Allen Godfrey tells The Natchez Democrat the commission will also decide whether to approve applications for findings of suitability for stakeholders in the casino.
The suitability investigations are standard procedure and involve exhaustive criminal, financial and business background checks.
The commission meets in Natchez today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings