Casino officials to ask Commission for gaming license
Published: November 29,2012
NATCHEZ — Magnolia Bluffs Casino representatives will appear before the Mississippi Gaming Commission seeking approval of a gaming license for the casino.
MGC executive director Allen Godfrey tells The Natchez Democrat the commission will also decide whether to approve applications for findings of suitability for stakeholders in the casino.
The suitability investigations are standard procedure and involve exhaustive criminal, financial and business background checks.
The commission meets in Natchez today.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62