Aldermen fill seats
Published: November 30,2012
The Board of Aldermen has filled six seats on various local commissions. The Daily Corinthian reports two residents were named to the Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau — Pauline Sorrell and Phil Little. The aldermen also reappointed Luke Doehner to the board. The appointments of Doehner and Sorrell require approval of the Alcorn County Board of Supervisors. The appointments are for four years.
Lee Thurner was named to the city planning commission/board of adjustment.
Aldermen also reappointed Kim Ratliff to the board of directors of the Corinth Housing Authority and Myrna McNair to the board of trustees of Magnolia Regional Health Center. McNair is a joint appointment recently approved by the county Board of Supervisors for a five-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus