Aldermen fill seats
Published: November 30,2012
The Board of Aldermen has filled six seats on various local commissions. The Daily Corinthian reports two residents were named to the Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau — Pauline Sorrell and Phil Little. The aldermen also reappointed Luke Doehner to the board. The appointments of Doehner and Sorrell require approval of the Alcorn County Board of Supervisors. The appointments are for four years.
Lee Thurner was named to the city planning commission/board of adjustment.
Aldermen also reappointed Kim Ratliff to the board of directors of the Corinth Housing Authority and Myrna McNair to the board of trustees of Magnolia Regional Health Center. McNair is a joint appointment recently approved by the county Board of Supervisors for a five-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us