Aldermen fill seats
Published: November 30,2012
The Board of Aldermen has filled six seats on various local commissions. The Daily Corinthian reports two residents were named to the Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau — Pauline Sorrell and Phil Little. The aldermen also reappointed Luke Doehner to the board. The appointments of Doehner and Sorrell require approval of the Alcorn County Board of Supervisors. The appointments are for four years.
Lee Thurner was named to the city planning commission/board of adjustment.
Aldermen also reappointed Kim Ratliff to the board of directors of the Corinth Housing Authority and Myrna McNair to the board of trustees of Magnolia Regional Health Center. McNair is a joint appointment recently approved by the county Board of Supervisors for a five-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House