Aldermen fill seats
Published: November 30,2012
The Board of Aldermen has filled six seats on various local commissions. The Daily Corinthian reports two residents were named to the Corinth Area Convention and Visitors Bureau — Pauline Sorrell and Phil Little. The aldermen also reappointed Luke Doehner to the board. The appointments of Doehner and Sorrell require approval of the Alcorn County Board of Supervisors. The appointments are for four years.
Lee Thurner was named to the city planning commission/board of adjustment.
Aldermen also reappointed Kim Ratliff to the board of directors of the Corinth Housing Authority and Myrna McNair to the board of trustees of Magnolia Regional Health Center. McNair is a joint appointment recently approved by the county Board of Supervisors for a five-year term.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money