Landry’s completes acquisition of Isle-Biloxi; plans $100M renovation
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Tags: acuisition, buy, casino, construction, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, lounge, merger, nightlife, puchase, renovation, restaurant, sale, sell, spa, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BILOXI —Fertitta Entertainment has completed the acquisition of the Isle Casino in Biloxi.
Terms were not disclosed.
“We’ve been looking to extend the Golden Nugget’s footprint to Biloxi for years and we’re excited to make major changes to the property and to the South, a personal interest of mine,” said Tilman J. Fertitta, sole owner, chairman and CEO of Landry’s Inc., parent company of the Golden Nugget Las Vegas, Atlantic City and Laughlin.
The Golden Nugget Biloxi will offer guests 720 rooms and suites. Plans call for renovations to include a new, expanded casino floor, new bars, restaurants, retail offerings and updated rooms and suites. There will be a Rush Lounge to complement a remodeled spa and poker room. An H2O Resort Pool and Ultra Lounge will offer all season hot tubs and fire pits.
Three of Landry’s Inc’s established concepts will be included in the new building: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Lillie’s Asian Cuisine and Morton’s The Steakhouse, a world-class steakhouse.
The property will begin its $100-million renovation in January 2013, according to a release. All improvements are expected to be completed by March 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so