Landry’s completes acquisition of Isle-Biloxi; plans $100M renovation
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Tags: acuisition, buy, casino, construction, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, lounge, merger, nightlife, puchase, renovation, restaurant, sale, sell, spa, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BILOXI —Fertitta Entertainment has completed the acquisition of the Isle Casino in Biloxi.
Terms were not disclosed.
“We’ve been looking to extend the Golden Nugget’s footprint to Biloxi for years and we’re excited to make major changes to the property and to the South, a personal interest of mine,” said Tilman J. Fertitta, sole owner, chairman and CEO of Landry’s Inc., parent company of the Golden Nugget Las Vegas, Atlantic City and Laughlin.
The Golden Nugget Biloxi will offer guests 720 rooms and suites. Plans call for renovations to include a new, expanded casino floor, new bars, restaurants, retail offerings and updated rooms and suites. There will be a Rush Lounge to complement a remodeled spa and poker room. An H2O Resort Pool and Ultra Lounge will offer all season hot tubs and fire pits.
Three of Landry’s Inc’s established concepts will be included in the new building: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Lillie’s Asian Cuisine and Morton’s The Steakhouse, a world-class steakhouse.
The property will begin its $100-million renovation in January 2013, according to a release. All improvements are expected to be completed by March 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years