Landry’s completes acquisition of Isle-Biloxi; plans $100M renovation
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Tags: acuisition, buy, casino, construction, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, lounge, merger, nightlife, puchase, renovation, restaurant, sale, sell, spa, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BILOXI —Fertitta Entertainment has completed the acquisition of the Isle Casino in Biloxi.
Terms were not disclosed.
“We’ve been looking to extend the Golden Nugget’s footprint to Biloxi for years and we’re excited to make major changes to the property and to the South, a personal interest of mine,” said Tilman J. Fertitta, sole owner, chairman and CEO of Landry’s Inc., parent company of the Golden Nugget Las Vegas, Atlantic City and Laughlin.
The Golden Nugget Biloxi will offer guests 720 rooms and suites. Plans call for renovations to include a new, expanded casino floor, new bars, restaurants, retail offerings and updated rooms and suites. There will be a Rush Lounge to complement a remodeled spa and poker room. An H2O Resort Pool and Ultra Lounge will offer all season hot tubs and fire pits.
Three of Landry’s Inc’s established concepts will be included in the new building: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Lillie’s Asian Cuisine and Morton’s The Steakhouse, a world-class steakhouse.
The property will begin its $100-million renovation in January 2013, according to a release. All improvements are expected to be completed by March 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager