Landry’s completes acquisition of Isle-Biloxi; plans $100M renovation
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Tags: acuisition, buy, casino, construction, entertainment, gamble, gambler, gambling, gaming, hospitality, hotel, lodging, lounge, merger, nightlife, puchase, renovation, restaurant, sale, sell, spa, tourism, tourist, vacation, visitor
BILOXI —Fertitta Entertainment has completed the acquisition of the Isle Casino in Biloxi.
Terms were not disclosed.
“We’ve been looking to extend the Golden Nugget’s footprint to Biloxi for years and we’re excited to make major changes to the property and to the South, a personal interest of mine,” said Tilman J. Fertitta, sole owner, chairman and CEO of Landry’s Inc., parent company of the Golden Nugget Las Vegas, Atlantic City and Laughlin.
The Golden Nugget Biloxi will offer guests 720 rooms and suites. Plans call for renovations to include a new, expanded casino floor, new bars, restaurants, retail offerings and updated rooms and suites. There will be a Rush Lounge to complement a remodeled spa and poker room. An H2O Resort Pool and Ultra Lounge will offer all season hot tubs and fire pits.
Three of Landry’s Inc’s established concepts will be included in the new building: Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Lillie’s Asian Cuisine and Morton’s The Steakhouse, a world-class steakhouse.
The property will begin its $100-million renovation in January 2013, according to a release. All improvements are expected to be completed by March 2014.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren