Nabors named eighth president of community college
Published: November 30,2012
MOORHEAD — Mississippi Delta Community College has introduced Larry Nabors as its eighth president.
The 56-year-old Nabors is currently the executive vice president at Northeast Mississippi Community College in Booneville.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Nabors visited with staff and students on the Moorhead campus of the two-year school on Wednesday.
He will work with Interim President Lynda Steele until his first official day as president on Feb. 1, 2013. Steele has served as interim president since June 1, following the retirement of Larry Bailey.
Nabors says he will continue providing strong academic programs, technologically advanced career and technical programs and relevant, up-to-date workforce training for students in the region.
Nabors earned his bachelor’s, masters and doctorate degrees from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments