Nabors named eighth president of community college
Published: November 30,2012
MOORHEAD — Mississippi Delta Community College has introduced Larry Nabors as its eighth president.
The 56-year-old Nabors is currently the executive vice president at Northeast Mississippi Community College in Booneville.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Nabors visited with staff and students on the Moorhead campus of the two-year school on Wednesday.
He will work with Interim President Lynda Steele until his first official day as president on Feb. 1, 2013. Steele has served as interim president since June 1, following the retirement of Larry Bailey.
Nabors says he will continue providing strong academic programs, technologically advanced career and technical programs and relevant, up-to-date workforce training for students in the region.
Nabors earned his bachelor’s, masters and doctorate degrees from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast