Nabors named eighth president of community college
Published: November 30,2012
MOORHEAD — Mississippi Delta Community College has introduced Larry Nabors as its eighth president.
The 56-year-old Nabors is currently the executive vice president at Northeast Mississippi Community College in Booneville.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Nabors visited with staff and students on the Moorhead campus of the two-year school on Wednesday.
He will work with Interim President Lynda Steele until his first official day as president on Feb. 1, 2013. Steele has served as interim president since June 1, following the retirement of Larry Bailey.
Nabors says he will continue providing strong academic programs, technologically advanced career and technical programs and relevant, up-to-date workforce training for students in the region.
Nabors earned his bachelor’s, masters and doctorate degrees from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal