Nabors named eighth president of community college
Published: November 30,2012
MOORHEAD — Mississippi Delta Community College has introduced Larry Nabors as its eighth president.
The 56-year-old Nabors is currently the executive vice president at Northeast Mississippi Community College in Booneville.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports Nabors visited with staff and students on the Moorhead campus of the two-year school on Wednesday.
He will work with Interim President Lynda Steele until his first official day as president on Feb. 1, 2013. Steele has served as interim president since June 1, following the retirement of Larry Bailey.
Nabors says he will continue providing strong academic programs, technologically advanced career and technical programs and relevant, up-to-date workforce training for students in the region.
Nabors earned his bachelor’s, masters and doctorate degrees from the University of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL