Pippins named warden
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Mary L. Pippins has been appointed warden of the regional jail in Washington County. Pippins takes over from sheriff’s department Maj. Percy Miles, who was named interim warden in September. Former warden Alma Harris resigned on Aug. 31. Harris was the first warden of the jail, which opened in September 2011.
Pippins has nearly 25 years of correctional experience. From 1990 to 2004, Pippins worked at the Mississippi State Penitentiary serving in a number of positions from correctional officer to correctional supervisor.
From there, she went on to work in the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case