Pippins named warden
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Mary L. Pippins has been appointed warden of the regional jail in Washington County. Pippins takes over from sheriff’s department Maj. Percy Miles, who was named interim warden in September. Former warden Alma Harris resigned on Aug. 31. Harris was the first warden of the jail, which opened in September 2011.
Pippins has nearly 25 years of correctional experience. From 1990 to 2004, Pippins worked at the Mississippi State Penitentiary serving in a number of positions from correctional officer to correctional supervisor.
From there, she went on to work in the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'