Pippins named warden
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Mary L. Pippins has been appointed warden of the regional jail in Washington County. Pippins takes over from sheriff’s department Maj. Percy Miles, who was named interim warden in September. Former warden Alma Harris resigned on Aug. 31. Harris was the first warden of the jail, which opened in September 2011.
Pippins has nearly 25 years of correctional experience. From 1990 to 2004, Pippins worked at the Mississippi State Penitentiary serving in a number of positions from correctional officer to correctional supervisor.
From there, she went on to work in the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets