Pippins named warden
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Mary L. Pippins has been appointed warden of the regional jail in Washington County. Pippins takes over from sheriff’s department Maj. Percy Miles, who was named interim warden in September. Former warden Alma Harris resigned on Aug. 31. Harris was the first warden of the jail, which opened in September 2011.
Pippins has nearly 25 years of correctional experience. From 1990 to 2004, Pippins worked at the Mississippi State Penitentiary serving in a number of positions from correctional officer to correctional supervisor.
From there, she went on to work in the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones