Pippins named warden
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2012
Mary L. Pippins has been appointed warden of the regional jail in Washington County. Pippins takes over from sheriff’s department Maj. Percy Miles, who was named interim warden in September. Former warden Alma Harris resigned on Aug. 31. Harris was the first warden of the jail, which opened in September 2011.
Pippins has nearly 25 years of correctional experience. From 1990 to 2004, Pippins worked at the Mississippi State Penitentiary serving in a number of positions from correctional officer to correctional supervisor.
From there, she went on to work in the Bolivar County Regional Correctional Facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17