County hopes to land grant to lure unspecified company
Published: December 4,2012
LOWNDES COUNTY — Lowndes County will apply for a $1 million that supervisors hope will bring in a new company and 44 jobs.
WCBI-TV in Columbus reports neither supervisors nor economic development officials would name the company.
Officials did say the is considering locating the county’s 100,000-square-foot building that was completed three years ago in hopes of luring more jobs to the county’s industrial park surrounding Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
County officials say $1-million Community Development Block Grant would complete the building to the company’s needs and finish utilities to the site.
The company will provide the $100,000 match.
County officials say they hope to complete the deal with the company by early next year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey