County hopes to land grant to lure unspecified company
Published: December 4,2012
LOWNDES COUNTY — Lowndes County will apply for a $1 million that supervisors hope will bring in a new company and 44 jobs.
WCBI-TV in Columbus reports neither supervisors nor economic development officials would name the company.
Officials did say the is considering locating the county’s 100,000-square-foot building that was completed three years ago in hopes of luring more jobs to the county’s industrial park surrounding Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
County officials say $1-million Community Development Block Grant would complete the building to the company’s needs and finish utilities to the site.
The company will provide the $100,000 match.
County officials say they hope to complete the deal with the company by early next year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal