County hopes to land grant to lure unspecified company
Published: December 4,2012
LOWNDES COUNTY — Lowndes County will apply for a $1 million that supervisors hope will bring in a new company and 44 jobs.
WCBI-TV in Columbus reports neither supervisors nor economic development officials would name the company.
Officials did say the is considering locating the county’s 100,000-square-foot building that was completed three years ago in hopes of luring more jobs to the county’s industrial park surrounding Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
County officials say $1-million Community Development Block Grant would complete the building to the company’s needs and finish utilities to the site.
The company will provide the $100,000 match.
County officials say they hope to complete the deal with the company by early next year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics