County hopes to land grant to lure unspecified company
Published: December 4,2012
LOWNDES COUNTY — Lowndes County will apply for a $1 million that supervisors hope will bring in a new company and 44 jobs.
WCBI-TV in Columbus reports neither supervisors nor economic development officials would name the company.
Officials did say the is considering locating the county’s 100,000-square-foot building that was completed three years ago in hopes of luring more jobs to the county’s industrial park surrounding Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
County officials say $1-million Community Development Block Grant would complete the building to the company’s needs and finish utilities to the site.
The company will provide the $100,000 match.
County officials say they hope to complete the deal with the company by early next year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur