County hopes to land grant to lure unspecified company
Published: December 4,2012
LOWNDES COUNTY — Lowndes County will apply for a $1 million that supervisors hope will bring in a new company and 44 jobs.
WCBI-TV in Columbus reports neither supervisors nor economic development officials would name the company.
Officials did say the is considering locating the county’s 100,000-square-foot building that was completed three years ago in hopes of luring more jobs to the county’s industrial park surrounding Golden Triangle Regional Airport.
County officials say $1-million Community Development Block Grant would complete the building to the company’s needs and finish utilities to the site.
The company will provide the $100,000 match.
County officials say they hope to complete the deal with the company by early next year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015