Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2012
JACKSON — Five Entergy utilities have taken a key step toward membership in a regional transmission organization via submission of the executed transmission owner agreement to the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, or MISO.
The utilities – Entergy Mississippi Inc., Entergy Texas Inc., Entergy Louisiana, LLC, Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, LLC and Entergy New Orleans Inc. — follow Entergy Arkansas Inc., which submitted its executed TOA to MISO Oct. 31.
The TOA is a contract among the MISO transmission owners that governs a transmission owner’s membership in the RTO. The agreement is filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and executing the agreement is a key requirement for any transmission owner to join the RTO. By executing the TOA, the Entergy operating companies have agreed to become transmission owning members of MISO, subject to the terms of the agreement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip