Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2012
JACKSON — Five Entergy utilities have taken a key step toward membership in a regional transmission organization via submission of the executed transmission owner agreement to the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, or MISO.
The utilities – Entergy Mississippi Inc., Entergy Texas Inc., Entergy Louisiana, LLC, Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, LLC and Entergy New Orleans Inc. — follow Entergy Arkansas Inc., which submitted its executed TOA to MISO Oct. 31.
The TOA is a contract among the MISO transmission owners that governs a transmission owner’s membership in the RTO. The agreement is filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and executing the agreement is a key requirement for any transmission owner to join the RTO. By executing the TOA, the Entergy operating companies have agreed to become transmission owning members of MISO, subject to the terms of the agreement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November