Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2012
JACKSON — Five Entergy utilities have taken a key step toward membership in a regional transmission organization via submission of the executed transmission owner agreement to the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, or MISO.
The utilities – Entergy Mississippi Inc., Entergy Texas Inc., Entergy Louisiana, LLC, Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, LLC and Entergy New Orleans Inc. — follow Entergy Arkansas Inc., which submitted its executed TOA to MISO Oct. 31.
The TOA is a contract among the MISO transmission owners that governs a transmission owner’s membership in the RTO. The agreement is filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and executing the agreement is a key requirement for any transmission owner to join the RTO. By executing the TOA, the Entergy operating companies have agreed to become transmission owning members of MISO, subject to the terms of the agreement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO”
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center