Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 4,2012
JACKSON — Five Entergy utilities have taken a key step toward membership in a regional transmission organization via submission of the executed transmission owner agreement to the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator, or MISO.
The utilities – Entergy Mississippi Inc., Entergy Texas Inc., Entergy Louisiana, LLC, Entergy Gulf States Louisiana, LLC and Entergy New Orleans Inc. — follow Entergy Arkansas Inc., which submitted its executed TOA to MISO Oct. 31.
The TOA is a contract among the MISO transmission owners that governs a transmission owner’s membership in the RTO. The agreement is filed with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and executing the agreement is a key requirement for any transmission owner to join the RTO. By executing the TOA, the Entergy operating companies have agreed to become transmission owning members of MISO, subject to the terms of the agreement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Entergy Mississippi executes agreement with MISO”
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities