Thompson to keep chair of Homeland Security Committee
by Associated Press
Published: December 6,2012
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Bennie Thompson is keeping his post as the top Democrat on the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee.
Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of California made the announcement yesterday, along with Thompson.
He says in a statement that he hopes homeland security will continue to receive bipartisan support. He also says he wants Congress to produce comprehensive cyber security legislation.
Thompson was chairman of the committee from 2006 to 2010, when Democrats held the House majority. He was first elected in 1993 and is the longest-serving current member of Mississippi’s four-person House delegation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge