Baker rejoins agency
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2012
Cheryn Baker has rejoined the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office as assistant secretary of state of the Securities Division. Prior to her return, she acted as corporate counsel to Hancock Bank in Gulfport.
She previously served as assistant secretary of state of the Policy and Research Division.
A Lexington native, Baker graduated magna cum laude from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor’s degree in political science.
She earned her juris doctorate from the University of Denver College of Law.
Baker is active in many legal, civic and community groups, currently serving as commissioner on the Mississippi Board of Bar Commissioners, commissioner on the Uniform Law Commission and as
a member of the Mississippi Bar Women in Profession Committee.
She is also a co-state liaison to the American Bar Association Committee on Corporate Laws, vice president-elect of the Mississippi Corporate Counsel Association and served on the board of the Child Abuse Prevention Center. Other activities include the Mississippi Women Lawyers Association, Harrison County Bar Association and the Capital Area Bar Association.
Cheryn and her husband, Chris, reside in Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs