Baker rejoins agency
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2012
Cheryn Baker has rejoined the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office as assistant secretary of state of the Securities Division. Prior to her return, she acted as corporate counsel to Hancock Bank in Gulfport.
She previously served as assistant secretary of state of the Policy and Research Division.
A Lexington native, Baker graduated magna cum laude from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor’s degree in political science.
She earned her juris doctorate from the University of Denver College of Law.
Baker is active in many legal, civic and community groups, currently serving as commissioner on the Mississippi Board of Bar Commissioners, commissioner on the Uniform Law Commission and as
a member of the Mississippi Bar Women in Profession Committee.
She is also a co-state liaison to the American Bar Association Committee on Corporate Laws, vice president-elect of the Mississippi Corporate Counsel Association and served on the board of the Child Abuse Prevention Center. Other activities include the Mississippi Women Lawyers Association, Harrison County Bar Association and the Capital Area Bar Association.
Cheryn and her husband, Chris, reside in Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue