Baker rejoins agency
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2012
Cheryn Baker has rejoined the Mississippi Secretary of State’s Office as assistant secretary of state of the Securities Division. Prior to her return, she acted as corporate counsel to Hancock Bank in Gulfport.
She previously served as assistant secretary of state of the Policy and Research Division.
A Lexington native, Baker graduated magna cum laude from the University of Mississippi with a bachelor’s degree in political science.
She earned her juris doctorate from the University of Denver College of Law.
Baker is active in many legal, civic and community groups, currently serving as commissioner on the Mississippi Board of Bar Commissioners, commissioner on the Uniform Law Commission and as
a member of the Mississippi Bar Women in Profession Committee.
She is also a co-state liaison to the American Bar Association Committee on Corporate Laws, vice president-elect of the Mississippi Corporate Counsel Association and served on the board of the Child Abuse Prevention Center. Other activities include the Mississippi Women Lawyers Association, Harrison County Bar Association and the Capital Area Bar Association.
Cheryn and her husband, Chris, reside in Brandon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom