Governor sets special election to fill Senate seat
Published: December 7,2012
JACKSON — Gov. Phil Bryant has scheduled a special election for Jan. 15 to fill a vacancy in the state Senate.
The qualifying deadline for candidates for the Senate District 16 election is Dec. 17. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes, runoff is Feb. 5.
The winner will complete the expired term of Sen. Bennie Turner, a Democrat from West Point, who died Nov. 27.
Senate District 16 is comprised of Clay County and parts of Lowndes, Oktibbeha and Noxubee counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders