Patterson on new leadership
After 22 years as CEO of BancorpSouth, Audrey Patterson has handed the chief executive duties to veteran Texas banker James “Dan” Rollins III. Patterson, who will remain as chairman, recently answered several questions regarding the $13 billion banking regional banking company’s new leadership.
BancorpSouth like all commercial banks is facing a challenging economic environment with extremely low interest rates and limited lending opportunity. This will continue to put pressure on the earnings of all banks and under Dan’s leadership BancorpSouth will have to continue working our way through these issues.
Dan Rollins’ background:
Dan has been the president and chief operating officer of a high-performing regional bank. The basic foundation of both Prosperity and BancorpSouth is the strong network of community banks which comprise our systems. His leadership and prior success have direct application to the daily operations of BancorpSouth.
BancorpSouth already has a strong community bank presence in east Texas, one which has been very successful and has continued to grow. Without question, Dan brings demonstrated ability to build our Texas franchise to even higher levels of performance.
Dan has already proved that he doesn’t need this piece of advice because he is already doing exactly what I would recommend, and that is to meet as many people throughout our bank as possible and spend the first month or two listening and learning the company. He is very much a hands-on, people-oriented leader and one whom I think will continuously build on his relationship with our team members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind