Patterson on new leadership
After 22 years as CEO of BancorpSouth, Audrey Patterson has handed the chief executive duties to veteran Texas banker James “Dan” Rollins III. Patterson, who will remain as chairman, recently answered several questions regarding the $13 billion banking regional banking company’s new leadership.
BancorpSouth like all commercial banks is facing a challenging economic environment with extremely low interest rates and limited lending opportunity. This will continue to put pressure on the earnings of all banks and under Dan’s leadership BancorpSouth will have to continue working our way through these issues.
Dan Rollins’ background:
Dan has been the president and chief operating officer of a high-performing regional bank. The basic foundation of both Prosperity and BancorpSouth is the strong network of community banks which comprise our systems. His leadership and prior success have direct application to the daily operations of BancorpSouth.
BancorpSouth already has a strong community bank presence in east Texas, one which has been very successful and has continued to grow. Without question, Dan brings demonstrated ability to build our Texas franchise to even higher levels of performance.
Dan has already proved that he doesn’t need this piece of advice because he is already doing exactly what I would recommend, and that is to meet as many people throughout our bank as possible and spend the first month or two listening and learning the company. He is very much a hands-on, people-oriented leader and one whom I think will continuously build on his relationship with our team members.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- WILLOUGHBY: Rubinsky grows First Class Linen from ground up
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities