Rayburn lands at DSU
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2012
Trey Rayburn has joined Delta State University’s aviation program as a commercial aviation instructor and assistant chief of flight instruction. Originally from Laurel, Rayburn is a graduate of Delta State, receiving his bachelor’s in commercial aviation in 2001 and his master’s in commercial aviation in 2005.
Rayburn is no stranger to working for Delta State. In 2001 he served for one year as a staff flight instructor, administering tests. Today, Rayburn teaches private pilots, instrument pilots and commercial pilots. His assistant chief duties include being responsible for the direct supervision of all flight instructors, making sure the aviation program is in compliance with Transportation Security Administration and Federal Aviation Administration regulations, administering flight tests and heading over administrative duties.
Rayburn has been a certified pilot since 1998 and is multi-engine rated with just under 8,000 flight hours. Before returning to Delta State, Rayburn spent nine and a half years as a captain and check airman for Pinnacle Airlines Inc., a Delta connection airline based in Memphis, Tenn. While at Pinnacle, Rayburn was responsible for the six-month training and annual training event for both captains and first officers. Additionally, he taught employees how to fly the company jet. Preceding his time at Pinnacle, Rayburn served nine months as a corporate pilot for Bill’s Dollar Store in Columbia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion