Feed store paying for failure to get storm water permit
by Associated Press
Published: December 11,2012
PONTOTOC — A Pontotoc feed store is paying $37,000 civil fine for failing to get a storm water permit before starting construction.
Moore’s Feed Store agreed in September to pay the fine to the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality.
An order published by the department says that in May 2011, someone complained to MDEQ about unpermitted construction at a site on Miss. 15. Under state law, a permit from the state environmental regulator is required before large construction projects begin, in an effort to prevent dirt and other materials from running off into streams. An inspection confirmed the violation. The order says Moore’s Feed Store filed for a permit in August 2012 and has agreed to maintain erosion control measures.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Nullification and interposition
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge