Pair arrested yet again for selling counterfeit apparel
Published: December 11,2012
OKOLONA — Two Chickasaw County residents have been arrested for a second time in a year on charges of selling counterfeit clothing.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Willie McMillan, 46 and Sophia Hill, 47, were arrested after an undercover investigation into their store, Urban Wear.
Investigators seized about $275,000 in counterfeit clothing from Okolona store.
Hood says the investigation was sparked after tipsters reported the pair had reopened their store and resumed selling counterfeit goods.
McMillian and Hill remained in the Chickasaw County jail Monday on two counts each of sale of counterfeit goods. If convicted, McMillian and Hill face from one year to five years in prison for each count.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband