Pair arrested yet again for selling counterfeit apparel
Published: December 11,2012
OKOLONA — Two Chickasaw County residents have been arrested for a second time in a year on charges of selling counterfeit clothing.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Willie McMillan, 46 and Sophia Hill, 47, were arrested after an undercover investigation into their store, Urban Wear.
Investigators seized about $275,000 in counterfeit clothing from Okolona store.
Hood says the investigation was sparked after tipsters reported the pair had reopened their store and resumed selling counterfeit goods.
McMillian and Hill remained in the Chickasaw County jail Monday on two counts each of sale of counterfeit goods. If convicted, McMillian and Hill face from one year to five years in prison for each count.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'