Pair arrested yet again for selling counterfeit apparel
by Associated Press
Published: December 11,2012
OKOLONA — Two Chickasaw County residents have been arrested for a second time in a year on charges of selling counterfeit clothing.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Willie McMillan, 46 and Sophia Hill, 47, were arrested after an undercover investigation into their store, Urban Wear.
Investigators seized about $275,000 in counterfeit clothing from Okolona store.
Hood says the investigation was sparked after tipsters reported the pair had reopened their store and resumed selling counterfeit goods.
McMillian and Hill remained in the Chickasaw County jail Monday on two counts each of sale of counterfeit goods. If convicted, McMillian and Hill face from one year to five years in prison for each count.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster