Pair arrested yet again for selling counterfeit apparel
by Associated Press
Published: December 11,2012
OKOLONA — Two Chickasaw County residents have been arrested for a second time in a year on charges of selling counterfeit clothing.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Willie McMillan, 46 and Sophia Hill, 47, were arrested after an undercover investigation into their store, Urban Wear.
Investigators seized about $275,000 in counterfeit clothing from Okolona store.
Hood says the investigation was sparked after tipsters reported the pair had reopened their store and resumed selling counterfeit goods.
McMillian and Hill remained in the Chickasaw County jail Monday on two counts each of sale of counterfeit goods. If convicted, McMillian and Hill face from one year to five years in prison for each count.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'