Pair arrested yet again for selling counterfeit apparel
by Associated Press
Published: December 11,2012
OKOLONA — Two Chickasaw County residents have been arrested for a second time in a year on charges of selling counterfeit clothing.
Attorney General Jim Hood says Willie McMillan, 46 and Sophia Hill, 47, were arrested after an undercover investigation into their store, Urban Wear.
Investigators seized about $275,000 in counterfeit clothing from Okolona store.
Hood says the investigation was sparked after tipsters reported the pair had reopened their store and resumed selling counterfeit goods.
McMillian and Hill remained in the Chickasaw County jail Monday on two counts each of sale of counterfeit goods. If convicted, McMillian and Hill face from one year to five years in prison for each count.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability