Woman charged with embezzlement arrested in hospital
by Associated Press
Published: December 11,2012
WIGGINS — A woman, who investigators believe embezzled more than $300,000 from the Stone County Economic Development Partnership in Wiggins, has been arrested.
Stone County Sheriff’s investigator Eddie Rogers tells The Sun Herald 38-year-old Tina Gillespie, of Wiggins, was arrested at Forrest General Hospital on charges of embezzlement and forgery.
Rogers says bond was set at $10,000 for each charge.
He says Gillespie was the executive secretary at the EDP when officials learned on Dec. 3 at least $317,000 had been taken from accounts over the last three years.
It was unclear whether Gillespie has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center