Woman charged with embezzlement arrested in hospital
Published: December 11,2012
WIGGINS — A woman, who investigators believe embezzled more than $300,000 from the Stone County Economic Development Partnership in Wiggins, has been arrested.
Stone County Sheriff’s investigator Eddie Rogers tells The Sun Herald 38-year-old Tina Gillespie, of Wiggins, was arrested at Forrest General Hospital on charges of embezzlement and forgery.
Rogers says bond was set at $10,000 for each charge.
He says Gillespie was the executive secretary at the EDP when officials learned on Dec. 3 at least $317,000 had been taken from accounts over the last three years.
It was unclear whether Gillespie has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Short supplies, high demand boost cattle producer profits
- State certifies school referendum for 2015 ballot