Woman charged with embezzlement arrested in hospital
Published: December 11,2012
WIGGINS — A woman, who investigators believe embezzled more than $300,000 from the Stone County Economic Development Partnership in Wiggins, has been arrested.
Stone County Sheriff’s investigator Eddie Rogers tells The Sun Herald 38-year-old Tina Gillespie, of Wiggins, was arrested at Forrest General Hospital on charges of embezzlement and forgery.
Rogers says bond was set at $10,000 for each charge.
He says Gillespie was the executive secretary at the EDP when officials learned on Dec. 3 at least $317,000 had been taken from accounts over the last three years.
It was unclear whether Gillespie has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval