Woman charged with embezzlement arrested in hospital
Published: December 11,2012
WIGGINS — A woman, who investigators believe embezzled more than $300,000 from the Stone County Economic Development Partnership in Wiggins, has been arrested.
Stone County Sheriff’s investigator Eddie Rogers tells The Sun Herald 38-year-old Tina Gillespie, of Wiggins, was arrested at Forrest General Hospital on charges of embezzlement and forgery.
Rogers says bond was set at $10,000 for each charge.
He says Gillespie was the executive secretary at the EDP when officials learned on Dec. 3 at least $317,000 had been taken from accounts over the last three years.
It was unclear whether Gillespie has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete