Woman charged with embezzlement arrested in hospital
Published: December 11,2012
WIGGINS — A woman, who investigators believe embezzled more than $300,000 from the Stone County Economic Development Partnership in Wiggins, has been arrested.
Stone County Sheriff’s investigator Eddie Rogers tells The Sun Herald 38-year-old Tina Gillespie, of Wiggins, was arrested at Forrest General Hospital on charges of embezzlement and forgery.
Rogers says bond was set at $10,000 for each charge.
He says Gillespie was the executive secretary at the EDP when officials learned on Dec. 3 at least $317,000 had been taken from accounts over the last three years.
It was unclear whether Gillespie has an attorney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015