Daughter announces resignation of supervisor due to health
by Associated Press
Published: December 14,2012
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Doug Anderson is resigning after some fellow supervisors questioned if he was too ill to continue serving.
Anderson, a supervisor since 1993, will step down Jan. 1. His resignation was announced by his daughter, Jackie Anderson, at a press conference that her father didn’t attend.
Doug Anderson suffers from diabetes and had two strokes in 2011. He’s frequently missed board meetings and has had trouble speaking at times. Some supervisors have said Anderson’s diminished capacity has allowed other supervisors to manipulate him.
Board president Robert Graham says the board can name an interim replacement by consensus pending a special election on Nov. 5, 2013. If the board can’t agree, Graham says the seat would remain vacant until then.
Anderson was earlier a state representative and senator.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones