Daughter announces resignation of supervisor due to health
Published: December 14,2012
JACKSON — Hinds County Supervisor Doug Anderson is resigning after some fellow supervisors questioned if he was too ill to continue serving.
Anderson, a supervisor since 1993, will step down Jan. 1. His resignation was announced by his daughter, Jackie Anderson, at a press conference that her father didn’t attend.
Doug Anderson suffers from diabetes and had two strokes in 2011. He’s frequently missed board meetings and has had trouble speaking at times. Some supervisors have said Anderson’s diminished capacity has allowed other supervisors to manipulate him.
Board president Robert Graham says the board can name an interim replacement by consensus pending a special election on Nov. 5, 2013. If the board can’t agree, Graham says the seat would remain vacant until then.
Anderson was earlier a state representative and senator.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves