Martin moving north
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Steve Martin has been named head of Mississippi State University’s North Mississippi Research and Extension Center. He currently serves as the director of the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville, where he has been an administrator since 2008.
Martin began his career with MSU in 1997 as a graduate research assistant in the Department of Agricultural Economics. After attaining a bachelorÕs degree in agricultural and Extension education and a masterÕs in business administration, he earned his doctorate in agricultural economics, all from MSU.
Martin will be responsible for the administration of research programs at four branch experiment stations Northeast Mississippi in Verona, North Mississippi in Holly Springs, Pontotoc Ridge-Flatwoods in Pontotoc and Prairie in Prairie.
Dr. Joe Street will serve as the interim head of the Delta Research and Extension Center. Street served as the head of the Delta center from 2005 until 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release