Martin moving north
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Steve Martin has been named head of Mississippi State University’s North Mississippi Research and Extension Center. He currently serves as the director of the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville, where he has been an administrator since 2008.
Martin began his career with MSU in 1997 as a graduate research assistant in the Department of Agricultural Economics. After attaining a bachelorÕs degree in agricultural and Extension education and a masterÕs in business administration, he earned his doctorate in agricultural economics, all from MSU.
Martin will be responsible for the administration of research programs at four branch experiment stations Northeast Mississippi in Verona, North Mississippi in Holly Springs, Pontotoc Ridge-Flatwoods in Pontotoc and Prairie in Prairie.
Dr. Joe Street will serve as the interim head of the Delta Research and Extension Center. Street served as the head of the Delta center from 2005 until 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force