Martin moving north
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Steve Martin has been named head of Mississippi State University’s North Mississippi Research and Extension Center. He currently serves as the director of the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville, where he has been an administrator since 2008.
Martin began his career with MSU in 1997 as a graduate research assistant in the Department of Agricultural Economics. After attaining a bachelorÕs degree in agricultural and Extension education and a masterÕs in business administration, he earned his doctorate in agricultural economics, all from MSU.
Martin will be responsible for the administration of research programs at four branch experiment stations Northeast Mississippi in Verona, North Mississippi in Holly Springs, Pontotoc Ridge-Flatwoods in Pontotoc and Prairie in Prairie.
Dr. Joe Street will serve as the interim head of the Delta Research and Extension Center. Street served as the head of the Delta center from 2005 until 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement