Martin moving north
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Steve Martin has been named head of Mississippi State University’s North Mississippi Research and Extension Center. He currently serves as the director of the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville, where he has been an administrator since 2008.
Martin began his career with MSU in 1997 as a graduate research assistant in the Department of Agricultural Economics. After attaining a bachelorÕs degree in agricultural and Extension education and a masterÕs in business administration, he earned his doctorate in agricultural economics, all from MSU.
Martin will be responsible for the administration of research programs at four branch experiment stations Northeast Mississippi in Verona, North Mississippi in Holly Springs, Pontotoc Ridge-Flatwoods in Pontotoc and Prairie in Prairie.
Dr. Joe Street will serve as the interim head of the Delta Research and Extension Center. Street served as the head of the Delta center from 2005 until 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State