Martin moving north
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Steve Martin has been named head of Mississippi State University’s North Mississippi Research and Extension Center. He currently serves as the director of the Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville, where he has been an administrator since 2008.
Martin began his career with MSU in 1997 as a graduate research assistant in the Department of Agricultural Economics. After attaining a bachelorÕs degree in agricultural and Extension education and a masterÕs in business administration, he earned his doctorate in agricultural economics, all from MSU.
Martin will be responsible for the administration of research programs at four branch experiment stations Northeast Mississippi in Verona, North Mississippi in Holly Springs, Pontotoc Ridge-Flatwoods in Pontotoc and Prairie in Prairie.
Dr. Joe Street will serve as the interim head of the Delta Research and Extension Center. Street served as the head of the Delta center from 2005 until 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters