Mundinger joins staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Gerhard H. Mundinger Jr., MD, has joined the practice of cardiovascular services of Central Mississippi in Jackson. Mundinger is a board-certified surgeon in the field of cardiovascular and thoracic medicine. He has provided services to the residents of Mississippi for over 27 years. He received his medical degree from the University of Colorado where he graduated magna cum laude. He completed a general and vascular surgery residency at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Md.; a fellowship in surgical oncology at the National Cancer Institute at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Md., and a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at the University of Michigan.
His professional society memberships include the American College of Surgeons, Southeastern Surgical Congress, American College of Chest Physicians, American Heart Association, Association of Academic Surgeons, John Alexander Society for Thoracic Surgery, Le Club Mitrale, Southern Thoracic Surgical Association, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Central Mississippi Medical Society (as well as past president), Physicians’ Advisory Board, National Republican Congressional Committee Advisory Board, American College of Surgeons for the State of Mississippi (having also served as President and Governor) and the Association for Academic Surgery.
Mundinger is the recipient of the 2000 Christus Vivit Award and the 2007 Miles Christi Award from the Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, Mo., and Concordia Theological Seminary in Ft. Wayne, Ind., respectively. He is very active in the community, participating in the American Heart Association, Habitat for Humanity and the Good Shepard Lutheran Church and School. Over the past 17 years, Mundinger has also completed medical mission work in Honduras through Salt and Life. Mundinger specializes in cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, thoracic oncology and vascular/endovascular surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years