Mundinger joins staff
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Gerhard H. Mundinger Jr., MD, has joined the practice of cardiovascular services of Central Mississippi in Jackson. Mundinger is a board-certified surgeon in the field of cardiovascular and thoracic medicine. He has provided services to the residents of Mississippi for over 27 years. He received his medical degree from the University of Colorado where he graduated magna cum laude. He completed a general and vascular surgery residency at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Md.; a fellowship in surgical oncology at the National Cancer Institute at the National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Md., and a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at the University of Michigan.
His professional society memberships include the American College of Surgeons, Southeastern Surgical Congress, American College of Chest Physicians, American Heart Association, Association of Academic Surgeons, John Alexander Society for Thoracic Surgery, Le Club Mitrale, Southern Thoracic Surgical Association, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Central Mississippi Medical Society (as well as past president), Physicians’ Advisory Board, National Republican Congressional Committee Advisory Board, American College of Surgeons for the State of Mississippi (having also served as President and Governor) and the Association for Academic Surgery.
Mundinger is the recipient of the 2000 Christus Vivit Award and the 2007 Miles Christi Award from the Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, Mo., and Concordia Theological Seminary in Ft. Wayne, Ind., respectively. He is very active in the community, participating in the American Heart Association, Habitat for Humanity and the Good Shepard Lutheran Church and School. Over the past 17 years, Mundinger has also completed medical mission work in Honduras through Salt and Life. Mundinger specializes in cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, thoracic oncology and vascular/endovascular surgery.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss