Subbarao picked for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Dr. Italo Subbarao, associate professor of medicine and associate dean of planning, assessment, and competency development at William Carey University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, was recently named to the editorial board for “The Journal of American Osteopathic Association.” Subbarao graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine before completing a fellowship at John Hopkins University. His fellowship training in emergency medicine and disaster and humanitarian assistance led him to serve as the director of the Public Health Readiness Office at the American Medical Association Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response in Chicago.
Subbarao, who went to the WCUCOM in 2012, is no stranger to scholarly writing. During the tenure of his career with AMA, he served as deputy editor for the AMA’s publication “Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness.” He has also had more than 60 articles published, edited several journals and books and continues to stay deeply involved in scholarship and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth