Subbarao picked for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Dr. Italo Subbarao, associate professor of medicine and associate dean of planning, assessment, and competency development at William Carey University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, was recently named to the editorial board for “The Journal of American Osteopathic Association.” Subbarao graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine before completing a fellowship at John Hopkins University. His fellowship training in emergency medicine and disaster and humanitarian assistance led him to serve as the director of the Public Health Readiness Office at the American Medical Association Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response in Chicago.
Subbarao, who went to the WCUCOM in 2012, is no stranger to scholarly writing. During the tenure of his career with AMA, he served as deputy editor for the AMA’s publication “Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness.” He has also had more than 60 articles published, edited several journals and books and continues to stay deeply involved in scholarship and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation