Subbarao picked for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Dr. Italo Subbarao, associate professor of medicine and associate dean of planning, assessment, and competency development at William Carey University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, was recently named to the editorial board for “The Journal of American Osteopathic Association.” Subbarao graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine before completing a fellowship at John Hopkins University. His fellowship training in emergency medicine and disaster and humanitarian assistance led him to serve as the director of the Public Health Readiness Office at the American Medical Association Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response in Chicago.
Subbarao, who went to the WCUCOM in 2012, is no stranger to scholarly writing. During the tenure of his career with AMA, he served as deputy editor for the AMA’s publication “Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness.” He has also had more than 60 articles published, edited several journals and books and continues to stay deeply involved in scholarship and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field