Subbarao picked for board
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2012
Dr. Italo Subbarao, associate professor of medicine and associate dean of planning, assessment, and competency development at William Carey University’s College of Osteopathic Medicine, was recently named to the editorial board for “The Journal of American Osteopathic Association.” Subbarao graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine before completing a fellowship at John Hopkins University. His fellowship training in emergency medicine and disaster and humanitarian assistance led him to serve as the director of the Public Health Readiness Office at the American Medical Association Center for Public Health Preparedness and Disaster Response in Chicago.
Subbarao, who went to the WCUCOM in 2012, is no stranger to scholarly writing. During the tenure of his career with AMA, he served as deputy editor for the AMA’s publication “Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness.” He has also had more than 60 articles published, edited several journals and books and continues to stay deeply involved in scholarship and research.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Mike Morgan has calmness of mind