Magnolia Bluffs Casino to open tomorrow
Published: December 17,2012
NATCHEZ — Nearly 20 years after the first legalized dice rolled in Natchez, the city’s second casino is set to open. It wasn’t for lack of trying by others through the years.
Magnolia Bluffs Casino is set to open tomorrow.
Most local leaders tell The Natchez Democrat they have lost an exact count of the number of would-be casino operators who came to Natchez with development dreams.
Most agree that at least 10 to 12 is the likely number, including several at a location south of the Mississippi River bridge, several at Roth Hill and even one that sought to bring one to the former Belwood Country Club where St. Catherine Creek flows into the Mississippi River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015