Magnolia Bluffs Casino to open tomorrow
Published: December 17,2012
NATCHEZ — Nearly 20 years after the first legalized dice rolled in Natchez, the city’s second casino is set to open. It wasn’t for lack of trying by others through the years.
Magnolia Bluffs Casino is set to open tomorrow.
Most local leaders tell The Natchez Democrat they have lost an exact count of the number of would-be casino operators who came to Natchez with development dreams.
Most agree that at least 10 to 12 is the likely number, including several at a location south of the Mississippi River bridge, several at Roth Hill and even one that sought to bring one to the former Belwood Country Club where St. Catherine Creek flows into the Mississippi River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending