Magnolia Bluffs Casino to open tomorrow
Published: December 17,2012
NATCHEZ — Nearly 20 years after the first legalized dice rolled in Natchez, the city’s second casino is set to open. It wasn’t for lack of trying by others through the years.
Magnolia Bluffs Casino is set to open tomorrow.
Most local leaders tell The Natchez Democrat they have lost an exact count of the number of would-be casino operators who came to Natchez with development dreams.
Most agree that at least 10 to 12 is the likely number, including several at a location south of the Mississippi River bridge, several at Roth Hill and even one that sought to bring one to the former Belwood Country Club where St. Catherine Creek flows into the Mississippi River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release