Magnolia Bluffs Casino to open tomorrow
by Associated Press
Published: December 17,2012
NATCHEZ — Nearly 20 years after the first legalized dice rolled in Natchez, the city’s second casino is set to open. It wasn’t for lack of trying by others through the years.
Magnolia Bluffs Casino is set to open tomorrow.
Most local leaders tell The Natchez Democrat they have lost an exact count of the number of would-be casino operators who came to Natchez with development dreams.
Most agree that at least 10 to 12 is the likely number, including several at a location south of the Mississippi River bridge, several at Roth Hill and even one that sought to bring one to the former Belwood Country Club where St. Catherine Creek flows into the Mississippi River.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Nullification and interposition
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable