Fertilizer company reports loss, decreased sales
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 18,2012
MADISON — Phosphate Holdings Inc. reports a third quarter of 2012 net loss of $4.8 million, or $0.57 per diluted share of common stock, compared to net income of $1.5 million, or $0.18 per diluted share of common stock, for the same period in 2011.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) for the third quarter of 2012 were negative $3.7 million, compared to positive EBITDA of $6.6 million for the third quarter of 2011.
Total net sales at the fertilizer manufacturer for the third quarter were $70.3 million, a 26 percent decrease from total net sales of $94.7 million for the third quarter of 2011.
During the third quarter, PHI, which is headquartered in Madison and has a plant in Pascagoula, sold 140,258 tons of DAP, with 31,335 tons moving into export markets and 108,923 tons moving into domestic markets. This compares with 162,761 tons of DAP sold in the third quarter of 2011.
The company had an operating loss of $7.6 million for the third quarter, compared to operating income of $2.7 million for the prior-year period.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million