Port commissioner resigns; term ran through 2015
by Associated Press
Published: December 19,2012
GULFPORT — State port commissioner Frances Turnage has resigned from the five-member board.
Commission president Jim Simpson tells the Sun Herald that Turnage emailed late Friday about her resignation. Simpson says she has retired from Mississippi Power and intends to relocate to be nearer her grandchildren. She will no longer be living in Harrison County.
Simpson said he understands the resignation is effective immediately. Her term was set to expire in December 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn