Port commissioner resigns; term ran through 2015
Published: December 19,2012
GULFPORT — State port commissioner Frances Turnage has resigned from the five-member board.
Commission president Jim Simpson tells the Sun Herald that Turnage emailed late Friday about her resignation. Simpson says she has retired from Mississippi Power and intends to relocate to be nearer her grandchildren. She will no longer be living in Harrison County.
Simpson said he understands the resignation is effective immediately. Her term was set to expire in December 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail