Port commissioner resigns; term ran through 2015
Published: December 19,2012
GULFPORT — State port commissioner Frances Turnage has resigned from the five-member board.
Commission president Jim Simpson tells the Sun Herald that Turnage emailed late Friday about her resignation. Simpson says she has retired from Mississippi Power and intends to relocate to be nearer her grandchildren. She will no longer be living in Harrison County.
Simpson said he understands the resignation is effective immediately. Her term was set to expire in December 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill