Port commissioner resigns; term ran through 2015
by Associated Press
Published: December 19,2012
GULFPORT — State port commissioner Frances Turnage has resigned from the five-member board.
Commission president Jim Simpson tells the Sun Herald that Turnage emailed late Friday about her resignation. Simpson says she has retired from Mississippi Power and intends to relocate to be nearer her grandchildren. She will no longer be living in Harrison County.
Simpson said he understands the resignation is effective immediately. Her term was set to expire in December 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years