Port commissioner resigns; term ran through 2015
Published: December 19,2012
GULFPORT — State port commissioner Frances Turnage has resigned from the five-member board.
Commission president Jim Simpson tells the Sun Herald that Turnage emailed late Friday about her resignation. Simpson says she has retired from Mississippi Power and intends to relocate to be nearer her grandchildren. She will no longer be living in Harrison County.
Simpson said he understands the resignation is effective immediately. Her term was set to expire in December 2015.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways