River stage forces closure of waters to oystermen
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 20,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (MDMR) has closed Area II “A” Conditionally Approved Waters, Area II “B” Conditionally Approved Waters and Area II “D” Conditionally Approved Waters to the harvest of oysters due to the Pearl River stage exceeding the 10-foot management plan criteria for these areas.
• Area II “A” Conditionally Approved Waters (northern portions of the Pass Christian and Henderson Point reefs and Hornets reef)
• Area II “B” Conditionally Approved Waters (St. Stanislaus and Waveland reefs)
• Area II “D” Conditionally Approved Waters (reefs located between the U.S. 90 and the CSX Railroad bridges)
The MDMR said these areas may reopen for harvest when water sample results meet the management plan criteria for reopening.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image