Supervisors award hospital lease to UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 20,2012
GRENADA — The Grenada County Board of Supervisors has selected the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s (UMMC) proposal for the long-term lease of Grenada Lake Medical Center (GLMC) in connection with Grenada County’s request for proposals (RFP).
Terms were not disclosed.
“While the process has taken longer than expected and there still remains work to be done, we firmly believe that UMMC is a great fit for our community and will provide excellent health care services for the citizens of Grenada County and the surrounding communities for years to come,” said Grenada County Board of Supervisors president Chad Bridges.
Grenada County and UMMC will immediately begin working toward the closing of the lease transaction, which the parties expect to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013. The transaction will be subject to approval from the Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Supervisors award hospital lease to UMMC”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force