Supervisors award hospital lease to UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 20,2012
GRENADA — The Grenada County Board of Supervisors has selected the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s (UMMC) proposal for the long-term lease of Grenada Lake Medical Center (GLMC) in connection with Grenada County’s request for proposals (RFP).
Terms were not disclosed.
“While the process has taken longer than expected and there still remains work to be done, we firmly believe that UMMC is a great fit for our community and will provide excellent health care services for the citizens of Grenada County and the surrounding communities for years to come,” said Grenada County Board of Supervisors president Chad Bridges.
Grenada County and UMMC will immediately begin working toward the closing of the lease transaction, which the parties expect to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013. The transaction will be subject to approval from the Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Supervisors award hospital lease to UMMC”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones