Supervisors award hospital lease to UMMC
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 20,2012
GRENADA — The Grenada County Board of Supervisors has selected the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s (UMMC) proposal for the long-term lease of Grenada Lake Medical Center (GLMC) in connection with Grenada County’s request for proposals (RFP).
Terms were not disclosed.
“While the process has taken longer than expected and there still remains work to be done, we firmly believe that UMMC is a great fit for our community and will provide excellent health care services for the citizens of Grenada County and the surrounding communities for years to come,” said Grenada County Board of Supervisors president Chad Bridges.
Grenada County and UMMC will immediately begin working toward the closing of the lease transaction, which the parties expect to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013. The transaction will be subject to approval from the Board of Trustees of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Supervisors award hospital lease to UMMC”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital