Attorneys preparing final briefs in hospital-annexation case
Published: December 21,2012
Tags: annex, annexation, attorney, bench, city, commercial, construction, court, government, health, health care, hospital, judge, judicial, justice, land, law, lawyer, legal, medical, medicine, municipal, municipality, property, real estate
OXFORD — Attorneys have 30 days to submit final briefs in case that will decide whether the land that a company has selected as the location of its new $300 million hospital will be included in the Oxford city limits.
The Oxford Eagle reports Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi wants to build on the 160-acre site located south of Mississippi 6.
The petition to include the land inside the city limits was filed in February by the previous land owners before the land was sold to Baptist. Baptist joined the petition so that the new hospital could receive fire and police protection and city water and sewer services.
In April, an objection was filed to the annexation.
A judge heard two days of testimony in a trial that began Monday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case