Attorneys preparing final briefs in hospital-annexation case
by Associated Press
Published: December 21,2012
Tags: annex, annexation, attorney, bench, city, commercial, construction, court, government, health, health care, hospital, judge, judicial, justice, land, law, lawyer, legal, medical, medicine, municipal, municipality, property, real estate
OXFORD — Attorneys have 30 days to submit final briefs in case that will decide whether the land that a company has selected as the location of its new $300 million hospital will be included in the Oxford city limits.
The Oxford Eagle reports Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi wants to build on the 160-acre site located south of Mississippi 6.
The petition to include the land inside the city limits was filed in February by the previous land owners before the land was sold to Baptist. Baptist joined the petition so that the new hospital could receive fire and police protection and city water and sewer services.
In April, an objection was filed to the annexation.
A judge heard two days of testimony in a trial that began Monday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy