Attorneys preparing final briefs in hospital-annexation case
Published: December 21,2012
Tags: annex, annexation, attorney, bench, city, commercial, construction, court, government, health, health care, hospital, judge, judicial, justice, land, law, lawyer, legal, medical, medicine, municipal, municipality, property, real estate
OXFORD — Attorneys have 30 days to submit final briefs in case that will decide whether the land that a company has selected as the location of its new $300 million hospital will be included in the Oxford city limits.
The Oxford Eagle reports Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi wants to build on the 160-acre site located south of Mississippi 6.
The petition to include the land inside the city limits was filed in February by the previous land owners before the land was sold to Baptist. Baptist joined the petition so that the new hospital could receive fire and police protection and city water and sewer services.
In April, an objection was filed to the annexation.
A judge heard two days of testimony in a trial that began Monday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau