Attorneys preparing final briefs in hospital-annexation case
Published: December 21,2012
Tags: annex, annexation, attorney, bench, city, commercial, construction, court, government, health, health care, hospital, judge, judicial, justice, land, law, lawyer, legal, medical, medicine, municipal, municipality, property, real estate
OXFORD — Attorneys have 30 days to submit final briefs in case that will decide whether the land that a company has selected as the location of its new $300 million hospital will be included in the Oxford city limits.
The Oxford Eagle reports Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi wants to build on the 160-acre site located south of Mississippi 6.
The petition to include the land inside the city limits was filed in February by the previous land owners before the land was sold to Baptist. Baptist joined the petition so that the new hospital could receive fire and police protection and city water and sewer services.
In April, an objection was filed to the annexation.
A judge heard two days of testimony in a trial that began Monday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds