Attorneys preparing final briefs in hospital-annexation case
Published: December 21,2012
Tags: annex, annexation, attorney, bench, city, commercial, construction, court, government, health, health care, hospital, judge, judicial, justice, land, law, lawyer, legal, medical, medicine, municipal, municipality, property, real estate
OXFORD — Attorneys have 30 days to submit final briefs in case that will decide whether the land that a company has selected as the location of its new $300 million hospital will be included in the Oxford city limits.
The Oxford Eagle reports Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi wants to build on the 160-acre site located south of Mississippi 6.
The petition to include the land inside the city limits was filed in February by the previous land owners before the land was sold to Baptist. Baptist joined the petition so that the new hospital could receive fire and police protection and city water and sewer services.
In April, an objection was filed to the annexation.
A judge heard two days of testimony in a trial that began Monday.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center