MDMR extends tonging-only oyster season; closing date to be set
Published: December 21,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the limited oyster season — for tonging only — will extend past the Dec. 29 closing date.
The Mississippi Press reports a new closing date will be set later.
The closing date of the limited oyster season for dredging is still set for 4 p.m. Saturday.
The Bayou Caddy Oyster Check Station will close tomorrow. The Pass Christian Oyster Check Station will be the only authorized check station for commercial and recreationally licensed oyster harvesters for the remainder of the season.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'