MDMR extends tonging-only oyster season; closing date to be set
Published: December 21,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the limited oyster season — for tonging only — will extend past the Dec. 29 closing date.
The Mississippi Press reports a new closing date will be set later.
The closing date of the limited oyster season for dredging is still set for 4 p.m. Saturday.
The Bayou Caddy Oyster Check Station will close tomorrow. The Pass Christian Oyster Check Station will be the only authorized check station for commercial and recreationally licensed oyster harvesters for the remainder of the season.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training