MDMR extends tonging-only oyster season; closing date to be set
by Associated Press
Published: December 21,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the limited oyster season — for tonging only — will extend past the Dec. 29 closing date.
The Mississippi Press reports a new closing date will be set later.
The closing date of the limited oyster season for dredging is still set for 4 p.m. Saturday.
The Bayou Caddy Oyster Check Station will close tomorrow. The Pass Christian Oyster Check Station will be the only authorized check station for commercial and recreationally licensed oyster harvesters for the remainder of the season.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue