MDMR extends tonging-only oyster season; closing date to be set
Published: December 21,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the limited oyster season — for tonging only — will extend past the Dec. 29 closing date.
The Mississippi Press reports a new closing date will be set later.
The closing date of the limited oyster season for dredging is still set for 4 p.m. Saturday.
The Bayou Caddy Oyster Check Station will close tomorrow. The Pass Christian Oyster Check Station will be the only authorized check station for commercial and recreationally licensed oyster harvesters for the remainder of the season.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison