MDMR extends tonging-only oyster season; closing date to be set
Published: December 21,2012
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources says the limited oyster season — for tonging only — will extend past the Dec. 29 closing date.
The Mississippi Press reports a new closing date will be set later.
The closing date of the limited oyster season for dredging is still set for 4 p.m. Saturday.
The Bayou Caddy Oyster Check Station will close tomorrow. The Pass Christian Oyster Check Station will be the only authorized check station for commercial and recreationally licensed oyster harvesters for the remainder of the season.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90