Entergy makes appointments
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 24,2012
Entergy Corporation has appointed Jeff S. Forbes, 56, as executive vice president, nuclear operations and chief nuclear officer at Entergy Nuclear. Forbes, currently senior vice president of nuclear operations for Entergy Nuclear, will replace John Herron, who announced his retirement from the company effective March 31. Forbes will report to Mark Savoff, executive vice president and COO, Entergy Corporation. Forbes and Herron will work closely together until Herron’s retirement date to ensure a smooth transition for the Entergy Nuclear organization.
Herron has spent 33 years in the nuclear industry, 12 of those at Entergy. He became president, CEO and chief nuclear officer at Entergy Nuclear in 2009.
Forbes has served as senior vice president of nuclear operations at Entergy Nuclear since August 2011, overseeing the daily operations of Entergy’s 11 nuclear units. He previously directed regional operations for Entergy’s nuclear plants in the South and served as vice president of operations at Arkansas Nuclear One and Grand Gulf Nuclear Station. Prior to joining Entergy in 2003, Forbes was a senior vice president with the Nuclear Management Company, overseeing operations at Duane Arnold Energy Center and Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant. He began his nuclear career as an operations engineer at Oconee Nuclear Station in 1978.
Forbes holds a bachelor’s degree in nuclear engineering from Pennsylvania State University. He also completed Harvard University’s Advanced Management Program in October 2007. He held a reactor operator license and a senior reactor operator license at Oconee Nuclear Station.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager