Entergy makes appointments
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 24,2012
Entergy Corporation has appointed Jeff S. Forbes, 56, as executive vice president, nuclear operations and chief nuclear officer at Entergy Nuclear. Forbes, currently senior vice president of nuclear operations for Entergy Nuclear, will replace John Herron, who announced his retirement from the company effective March 31. Forbes will report to Mark Savoff, executive vice president and COO, Entergy Corporation. Forbes and Herron will work closely together until Herron’s retirement date to ensure a smooth transition for the Entergy Nuclear organization.
Herron has spent 33 years in the nuclear industry, 12 of those at Entergy. He became president, CEO and chief nuclear officer at Entergy Nuclear in 2009.
Forbes has served as senior vice president of nuclear operations at Entergy Nuclear since August 2011, overseeing the daily operations of Entergy’s 11 nuclear units. He previously directed regional operations for Entergy’s nuclear plants in the South and served as vice president of operations at Arkansas Nuclear One and Grand Gulf Nuclear Station. Prior to joining Entergy in 2003, Forbes was a senior vice president with the Nuclear Management Company, overseeing operations at Duane Arnold Energy Center and Monticello Nuclear Generating Plant. He began his nuclear career as an operations engineer at Oconee Nuclear Station in 1978.
Forbes holds a bachelor’s degree in nuclear engineering from Pennsylvania State University. He also completed Harvard University’s Advanced Management Program in October 2007. He held a reactor operator license and a senior reactor operator license at Oconee Nuclear Station.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip