USM honors Jackson
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 25,2012
Dr. Steven Jackson has received the 2012 Joseph A. Greene Excellence in Teaching Award from the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi. Jackson is associate professor in the School of Accountancy. He was a member of the Gulf Coast faculty from 1992-1996 and returned to his current position at the Gulf Park campus in Long Beach in 2007.
Jackson’s research interests are in accounting education and behavioral issues in ethics and auditing. He has published articles in such refereed journals as Journal of Accounting and Finance Research, Journal of Economic and Social Measurement and Journal of Accountancy. Jackson served as the editor of the journal Advances in Accounting, Finance and Economics from 2007 to 2009. He is the co-author of “Managerial Accounting: A Focus on Ethical Decision Making.”
He is also the co-author of the managerial accounting textbook “Managerial ACCT2,” now in its second edition.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility