Better flood rating drops residents’ insurance premiums
Published: December 28,2012
PICAYUNE — An improved flood prone rating means Pearl River County residents will see a 10 percent reduction in monthly insurance premiums.
The Picayune Item reports county planner Ed Pinero Jr. says the county has moved from an insurance rating of 10 to 8. The lower the rating, the lower the premiums.
Pinero says the county went through a lengthy process of streamlining flood insurance policies and procedures, which also helps officials in assessments of flooding events when they arise.
Pinero says upgrading the county’s flood management process was an area where savings were readily available in the reduction of premiums for homeowners having to buy flood insurance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Current Poll
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Dan Mullen, Hugh Freeze to play in pro-am Thursday
- Biloxi Shuckers gives city $925K to speed construction
- Legislators' education alternative challenged in court
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- College Board stands behind move to fire Ole Miss chancellor