Better flood rating drops residents’ insurance premiums
Published: December 28,2012
PICAYUNE — An improved flood prone rating means Pearl River County residents will see a 10 percent reduction in monthly insurance premiums.
The Picayune Item reports county planner Ed Pinero Jr. says the county has moved from an insurance rating of 10 to 8. The lower the rating, the lower the premiums.
Pinero says the county went through a lengthy process of streamlining flood insurance policies and procedures, which also helps officials in assessments of flooding events when they arise.
Pinero says upgrading the county’s flood management process was an area where savings were readily available in the reduction of premiums for homeowners having to buy flood insurance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics