Better flood rating drops residents’ insurance premiums
by Associated Press
Published: December 28,2012
PICAYUNE — An improved flood prone rating means Pearl River County residents will see a 10 percent reduction in monthly insurance premiums.
The Picayune Item reports county planner Ed Pinero Jr. says the county has moved from an insurance rating of 10 to 8. The lower the rating, the lower the premiums.
Pinero says the county went through a lengthy process of streamlining flood insurance policies and procedures, which also helps officials in assessments of flooding events when they arise.
Pinero says upgrading the county’s flood management process was an area where savings were readily available in the reduction of premiums for homeowners having to buy flood insurance.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge