East chosen as chief
Joey East is the new police chief in Oxford. East, the city’s assistant chief, was named to the post effective Feb. 1. East is the son of Lafayette County sheriff F.D. “Buddy” East. East will succeed Mike Martin, who is retiring. Martin was named police chief in September of 2007. The 42-year-old East has been in law enforcement for almost 23 years. He is a native of Lafayette County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'