East chosen as chief
Joey East is the new police chief in Oxford. East, the city’s assistant chief, was named to the post effective Feb. 1. East is the son of Lafayette County sheriff F.D. “Buddy” East. East will succeed Mike Martin, who is retiring. Martin was named police chief in September of 2007. The 42-year-old East has been in law enforcement for almost 23 years. He is a native of Lafayette County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability