East chosen as chief
Joey East is the new police chief in Oxford. East, the city’s assistant chief, was named to the post effective Feb. 1. East is the son of Lafayette County sheriff F.D. “Buddy” East. East will succeed Mike Martin, who is retiring. Martin was named police chief in September of 2007. The 42-year-old East has been in law enforcement for almost 23 years. He is a native of Lafayette County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs