East chosen as chief
Joey East is the new police chief in Oxford. East, the city’s assistant chief, was named to the post effective Feb. 1. East is the son of Lafayette County sheriff F.D. “Buddy” East. East will succeed Mike Martin, who is retiring. Martin was named police chief in September of 2007. The 42-year-old East has been in law enforcement for almost 23 years. He is a native of Lafayette County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil