Published: January 2,2013
In a satellite image provided by the National Oceanic and Stmospheric Administration and Made at 1145 a.m. EDT Monday Aug. 27, 2012, tropical storm Isaac can be seen as it moved towards New Orleans. As Isaac approaches Louisiana on Tuesday, residents along the state’s vulnerable, low-lying coast boarded up homes and fled for shelter while storm-wary residents of New Orleans were reassured that levees fortified after Katrina could withstand the anticipated hurricane. (AP Photo/NOAA)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62