Published: January 2,2013
In a satellite image provided by the National Oceanic and Stmospheric Administration and Made at 1145 a.m. EDT Monday Aug. 27, 2012, tropical storm Isaac can be seen as it moved towards New Orleans. As Isaac approaches Louisiana on Tuesday, residents along the state’s vulnerable, low-lying coast boarded up homes and fled for shelter while storm-wary residents of New Orleans were reassured that levees fortified after Katrina could withstand the anticipated hurricane. (AP Photo/NOAA)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet