Challenging market, input costs cut Cal-Maine’s earnings
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 3,2013
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. reported net sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 were $328.9 million, compared with net sales of $290.4 million for the same quarter of fiscal 2012.
The egg company reported net income of $14.3 million, or $0.60 per basic share, for the second quarter, compared with net income of $23.3 million, or $0.97 per basic share, for the second quarter of fiscal 2012.
For the first six months of fiscal 2013, net sales were $601.8 million, compared with net sales of $534.2 million for the prior-year period.
Cal-Maine reported net income of $23.7 million, or $0.99 per basic share, for the first half of fiscal 2013, compared with net income of $26.4 million, or $1.11 per basic share, for the year-earlier period.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and CEO of Cal-Maine, said, “We are pleased with the continued growth in sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2013; however, our operating results also reflect challenging market conditions and increased input costs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option