Bryant presents $1M check for Delta music museum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 4,2013
CLEVELAND — Gov. Phil Bryant visited the Delta State University campus yesterday to present a $1-million check to the Cleveland Music Foundation as the first installment for the establishment of GRAMMY Museum Mississippi in Cleveland.
GRAMMY Museum Mississippi is planned to be a more than 20,000-square-foot facility dedicated to exploring the past, present and future of music and the cultural context from which it emerges. The museum’s permanent exhibition will utilize film, video, interactive kiosks and, of course, music.
The museum will be closely affiliated with the Delta Music Institute (DMI), Delta State’s program of music industry studies, and will be located on a four-acre site on the campus of Delta State University in Cleveland.
A student exchange program will be developed between GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and GRAMMY Museum
at L.A. LIVE to offer qualified DMI students opportunities to earn college credit and interact with their counterparts at Los Angeles area colleges and universities.
“GRAMMY® Museum Mississippi represents not only a fantastic cultural attraction for our state, highlighting Mississippi’s amazing contribution to American music, but it will offer the next generation of young music industry professionals an exciting entry point into today’s music industry,” said DMI director Tricia Walker.
GRAMMY® Museum Mississippi will be the first official GRAMMY museum outside of Los Angeles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'