Bryant presents $1M check for Delta music museum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 4,2013
CLEVELAND — Gov. Phil Bryant visited the Delta State University campus yesterday to present a $1-million check to the Cleveland Music Foundation as the first installment for the establishment of GRAMMY Museum Mississippi in Cleveland.
GRAMMY Museum Mississippi is planned to be a more than 20,000-square-foot facility dedicated to exploring the past, present and future of music and the cultural context from which it emerges. The museum’s permanent exhibition will utilize film, video, interactive kiosks and, of course, music.
The museum will be closely affiliated with the Delta Music Institute (DMI), Delta State’s program of music industry studies, and will be located on a four-acre site on the campus of Delta State University in Cleveland.
A student exchange program will be developed between GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and GRAMMY Museum
at L.A. LIVE to offer qualified DMI students opportunities to earn college credit and interact with their counterparts at Los Angeles area colleges and universities.
“GRAMMY® Museum Mississippi represents not only a fantastic cultural attraction for our state, highlighting Mississippi’s amazing contribution to American music, but it will offer the next generation of young music industry professionals an exciting entry point into today’s music industry,” said DMI director Tricia Walker.
GRAMMY® Museum Mississippi will be the first official GRAMMY museum outside of Los Angeles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino