Bryant presents $1M check for Delta music museum
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 4,2013
CLEVELAND — Gov. Phil Bryant visited the Delta State University campus yesterday to present a $1-million check to the Cleveland Music Foundation as the first installment for the establishment of GRAMMY Museum Mississippi in Cleveland.
GRAMMY Museum Mississippi is planned to be a more than 20,000-square-foot facility dedicated to exploring the past, present and future of music and the cultural context from which it emerges. The museum’s permanent exhibition will utilize film, video, interactive kiosks and, of course, music.
The museum will be closely affiliated with the Delta Music Institute (DMI), Delta State’s program of music industry studies, and will be located on a four-acre site on the campus of Delta State University in Cleveland.
A student exchange program will be developed between GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and GRAMMY Museum
at L.A. LIVE to offer qualified DMI students opportunities to earn college credit and interact with their counterparts at Los Angeles area colleges and universities.
“GRAMMY® Museum Mississippi represents not only a fantastic cultural attraction for our state, highlighting Mississippi’s amazing contribution to American music, but it will offer the next generation of young music industry professionals an exciting entry point into today’s music industry,” said DMI director Tricia Walker.
GRAMMY® Museum Mississippi will be the first official GRAMMY museum outside of Los Angeles.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets