Cochran selected as ranking member on ag committee
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 4,2013
WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) has been selected as ranking member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry for the 113th Congress.
“I will use the experiences I’ve gained in serving on the committee since 1979 to help quickly advance a new Farm Bill that will meet the needs of our country’s farmers, small businesses and those who rely on the nutrition programs under the Committee’s jurisdiction,” Cochran said in a statement.
Cochran joined the Senate Agriculture Committee after being elected to the U.S. Senate in 1978. He has previously served as committee chairman from 2003 to 2005.
Cochran will also continue to serve on the Senate Committee on Rules as well as the Committee on Appropriations, where he says he expects to remain the ranking member on the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery