Friedman picked for board
Buffets Inc. of Egan, Minn., has appointed seasoned restaurant executive Philip Friedman to its board of directors. Friedman currently serves as chairman and CEO of Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina and as president of P. Friedman & Associates Inc. He previously served as chairman, CEO and president of McAlister’s Corporation.
Friedman was awarded Nation’s Restaurant News’ 2009 Golden Chain Award honoree for his success with McAlister’s and The International Foodservice Manufacturers’ Association’s Silver Plate award for his enduring and outstanding achievements in the Chain Restaurant Full Service category. He was also honored by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) as a Cornerstone Humanitarian for leading McAlister’s in outstanding community involvement.
He received an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as a master’s degree in political Science and a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Connecticut.
Friedman serves on the board of directors for Diversified Restaurants, Boudin Bakeries & Restaurants and Silver Diner Corporation as well as on the boards of the National Restaurant Association and Mississippi Restaurant Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win