Friedman picked for board
Buffets Inc. of Egan, Minn., has appointed seasoned restaurant executive Philip Friedman to its board of directors. Friedman currently serves as chairman and CEO of Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina and as president of P. Friedman & Associates Inc. He previously served as chairman, CEO and president of McAlister’s Corporation.
Friedman was awarded Nation’s Restaurant News’ 2009 Golden Chain Award honoree for his success with McAlister’s and The International Foodservice Manufacturers’ Association’s Silver Plate award for his enduring and outstanding achievements in the Chain Restaurant Full Service category. He was also honored by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) as a Cornerstone Humanitarian for leading McAlister’s in outstanding community involvement.
He received an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as a master’s degree in political Science and a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Connecticut.
Friedman serves on the board of directors for Diversified Restaurants, Boudin Bakeries & Restaurants and Silver Diner Corporation as well as on the boards of the National Restaurant Association and Mississippi Restaurant Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau