Friedman picked for board
Buffets Inc. of Egan, Minn., has appointed seasoned restaurant executive Philip Friedman to its board of directors. Friedman currently serves as chairman and CEO of Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina and as president of P. Friedman & Associates Inc. He previously served as chairman, CEO and president of McAlister’s Corporation.
Friedman was awarded Nation’s Restaurant News’ 2009 Golden Chain Award honoree for his success with McAlister’s and The International Foodservice Manufacturers’ Association’s Silver Plate award for his enduring and outstanding achievements in the Chain Restaurant Full Service category. He was also honored by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) as a Cornerstone Humanitarian for leading McAlister’s in outstanding community involvement.
He received an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as a master’s degree in political Science and a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Connecticut.
Friedman serves on the board of directors for Diversified Restaurants, Boudin Bakeries & Restaurants and Silver Diner Corporation as well as on the boards of the National Restaurant Association and Mississippi Restaurant Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast