Friedman picked for board
Buffets Inc. of Egan, Minn., has appointed seasoned restaurant executive Philip Friedman to its board of directors. Friedman currently serves as chairman and CEO of Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina and as president of P. Friedman & Associates Inc. He previously served as chairman, CEO and president of McAlister’s Corporation.
Friedman was awarded Nation’s Restaurant News’ 2009 Golden Chain Award honoree for his success with McAlister’s and The International Foodservice Manufacturers’ Association’s Silver Plate award for his enduring and outstanding achievements in the Chain Restaurant Full Service category. He was also honored by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) as a Cornerstone Humanitarian for leading McAlister’s in outstanding community involvement.
He received an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as a master’s degree in political Science and a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Connecticut.
Friedman serves on the board of directors for Diversified Restaurants, Boudin Bakeries & Restaurants and Silver Diner Corporation as well as on the boards of the National Restaurant Association and Mississippi Restaurant Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county