Friedman picked for board
Buffets Inc. of Egan, Minn., has appointed seasoned restaurant executive Philip Friedman to its board of directors. Friedman currently serves as chairman and CEO of Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina and as president of P. Friedman & Associates Inc. He previously served as chairman, CEO and president of McAlister’s Corporation.
Friedman was awarded Nation’s Restaurant News’ 2009 Golden Chain Award honoree for his success with McAlister’s and The International Foodservice Manufacturers’ Association’s Silver Plate award for his enduring and outstanding achievements in the Chain Restaurant Full Service category. He was also honored by the National Restaurant Association (NRA) as a Cornerstone Humanitarian for leading McAlister’s in outstanding community involvement.
He received an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, as well as a master’s degree in political Science and a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Connecticut.
Friedman serves on the board of directors for Diversified Restaurants, Boudin Bakeries & Restaurants and Silver Diner Corporation as well as on the boards of the National Restaurant Association and Mississippi Restaurant Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term