New Viking Range owner says company on ‘fast track’
Published: January 4,2013
GREENWOOD — The new owner of Viking Range says it is on a fast track to increase the company’s market share and profit margins.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the plans were outlined this week by Selim A. Bassoul, Middleby Corp.’s chairman and CEOl.
Middleby paid $380 million for Greenwood-based Viking Range.
Fred Carl Jr., Viking’s founder, will stay on as president and chief executive officer.
Bassoul says the acquisition is his company’s first significant foray into the residential cooking equipment market. Most of the Elgin, Ill.-based company’s emphasis to date has been on producing equipment for the commercial foodservice and food-processing industries.
Bassoul says Middleby had eyed Viking several years ago but the timing wasn’t right.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation