New Viking Range owner says company on ‘fast track’
Published: January 4,2013
GREENWOOD — The new owner of Viking Range says it is on a fast track to increase the company’s market share and profit margins.
The Greenwood Commonwealth reports the plans were outlined this week by Selim A. Bassoul, Middleby Corp.’s chairman and CEOl.
Middleby paid $380 million for Greenwood-based Viking Range.
Fred Carl Jr., Viking’s founder, will stay on as president and chief executive officer.
Bassoul says the acquisition is his company’s first significant foray into the residential cooking equipment market. Most of the Elgin, Ill.-based company’s emphasis to date has been on producing equipment for the commercial foodservice and food-processing industries.
Bassoul says Middleby had eyed Viking several years ago but the timing wasn’t right.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules