Retired admiral hired
Retired Rear Adm. John Prendergast III has been named executive vice president of shipbuilder VT Halter Marine. Prendergast spent more than 30 years in the Navy, earning his commission in 1979 through the ROTC program at Notre Dame. He served on board the USS George Washington Carver, USS Carl Vinson and USS Theodore Roosevelt.
Upon his retirement from the Navy, Prendergast was named as the director of sustainment business operations for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data