Retired admiral hired
Retired Rear Adm. John Prendergast III has been named executive vice president of shipbuilder VT Halter Marine. Prendergast spent more than 30 years in the Navy, earning his commission in 1979 through the ROTC program at Notre Dame. He served on board the USS George Washington Carver, USS Carl Vinson and USS Theodore Roosevelt.
Upon his retirement from the Navy, Prendergast was named as the director of sustainment business operations for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur