Retired admiral hired
Retired Rear Adm. John Prendergast III has been named executive vice president of shipbuilder VT Halter Marine. Prendergast spent more than 30 years in the Navy, earning his commission in 1979 through the ROTC program at Notre Dame. He served on board the USS George Washington Carver, USS Carl Vinson and USS Theodore Roosevelt.
Upon his retirement from the Navy, Prendergast was named as the director of sustainment business operations for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal