Retired admiral hired
Retired Rear Adm. John Prendergast III has been named executive vice president of shipbuilder VT Halter Marine. Prendergast spent more than 30 years in the Navy, earning his commission in 1979 through the ROTC program at Notre Dame. He served on board the USS George Washington Carver, USS Carl Vinson and USS Theodore Roosevelt.
Upon his retirement from the Navy, Prendergast was named as the director of sustainment business operations for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan