Retired admiral hired
Retired Rear Adm. John Prendergast III has been named executive vice president of shipbuilder VT Halter Marine. Prendergast spent more than 30 years in the Navy, earning his commission in 1979 through the ROTC program at Notre Dame. He served on board the USS George Washington Carver, USS Carl Vinson and USS Theodore Roosevelt.
Upon his retirement from the Navy, Prendergast was named as the director of sustainment business operations for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter with Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk