After two years, highway improvement project complete
Published: January 7,2013
PETAL — Officials, businesses and residents in the city of Petal are welcoming the end of a $13 million two-year highway improvement project.
The Hattiesburg American reports the project widened Mississippi Highway 42 from two lanes to four and installed turn lanes. Petal Mayor Hal Marx says residents are pleased with the decrease in traffic congestion. And the end of the work means no more detours or confusion affecting area businesses.
Gift store owner Tammy McNamara said business is more brisk as customers are no longer confused about how to reach the shopping center where her business is located.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks