Attorney reports city’s investment showing returns
Published: January 7,2013
OXFORD — The $30-million investment that the city of Oxford made with money from the sale of a hospital in 2011 is paying off.
Attorney Robert Paine with the Oxford Municipal Reserve and Trust Fund Committee reported the market value of the trust fund assets was over $31. 2 million. That is a gain of more than $1.2 million.
The original capital came from the sale of a hospital jointly owned with Lafayette County.
Special state legislation authorized creation of the.
Earnings can go into the city’s general account, but its capital can be used only under very limited terms in case of emergency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast