Attorney reports city’s investment showing returns
Published: January 7,2013
OXFORD — The $30-million investment that the city of Oxford made with money from the sale of a hospital in 2011 is paying off.
Attorney Robert Paine with the Oxford Municipal Reserve and Trust Fund Committee reported the market value of the trust fund assets was over $31. 2 million. That is a gain of more than $1.2 million.
The original capital came from the sale of a hospital jointly owned with Lafayette County.
Special state legislation authorized creation of the.
Earnings can go into the city’s general account, but its capital can be used only under very limited terms in case of emergency.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office